Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's officially deer season here now. 86° and working it's way to 90. The National Forest area we normally hunted, knocking on the 100° door :lol: . In the next few weeks, we should have a brief rain event and deer season would be normal :lol:. Needless to say, black powder rifles not allowed during this season. I wonder how many fires Daniel Boone started when he was out huntin' vittles? :lol:
Tell me how Guys hunt for Deer in Cali. Tree stand, Ground Stand, Tracking on foot ?????

Tell me how Guys hunt for Deer in Cali. Tree stand, Ground Stand, Tracking on foot ?????
th?id=OIP.jpg
:lol:

Whether you hunt private property or national forest pretty much determined that. A nice batch of cover near a water source worked well for me numerous times :elmer:

View attachment 1715980172 :lol:

Whether you hunt private property or national forest pretty much determined that. A nice batch of cover near a water source worked well for me numerous times :elmer:
Yeah, But I mean from what position ? In Maryland where I live in the Country, we have mostly wooded areas, where the Deer like to THINK they can hide from predators. Mostly pre built Deer stands, mounted against trees, maybe 12 ft up, or if guys are old, they will hunt from a ground blind in the woods. I have always hunted from high above. I carry a climbing stand into the woods and set up about 25ft high. Best hunts here are at daybreak or sunset.....Killed Many......:thumbsup:

Yeah, But I mean from what position ? In Maryland where I live in the Country, we have mostly wooded areas, where the Deer like to THINK they can hide from predators. Mostly pre built Deer stands, mounted against trees, maybe 12 ft up, or if guys are old, they will hunt from a ground blind in the woods. I have always hunted from high above. I carry a climbing stand into the woods and set up about 25ft high. Best hunts here are at daybreak or sunset.....Killed Many......:thumbsup:
Like this. Picture looks like I'm low, but Actually 25 ft up. I know cause I have a 25 ft lanyard on my weapon when I go up.....
005.jpg
IMG_1542.JPG

Well like Karl, I am Baaaaaack! What a whirlwind few days. No way on earth I am back reading. We have been working till we drop every nite. Looks like we sold our house yesterday so that is a load off! I stopped off on the way down and hung out with my Auntie, she is the Bonney red haired lass of 84 years young behind the bourbon. We had a impromptu comparison, served in martini glasses! She is a hoot. The other pix is what the cab of my truck looks like for days. Me n Hemi on the road. I put her a bowl of water on console, yep I get a lot of wet. Jodi let the range go feral while I was gone so I get to start all over again. Arghh. And I seriously over loaded my trailer again and got the expected blow out. I never went over sixty but I just had to much weight. I averaged 12.4 mpg over the last one thousand miles fully loaded. Not bad.

9081AC3A-3B54-4320-A259-3A574CAF8711.jpeg

98B20454-7F22-49B0-8A77-244A1830A0F7.jpeg

9F065838-F7BA-44CB-8E65-48ED7B58D67A.jpeg

Well like Karl, I am Baaaaaack! What a whirlwind few days. No way on earth I am back reading. We have been working till we drop every nite. Looks like we sold our house yesterday so that is a load off! I stopped off on the way down and hung out with my Auntie, she is the Bonney red haired lass of 84 years young behind the bourbon. We had a impromptu comparison, served in martini glasses! She is a hoot. The other pix is what the cab of my truck looks like for days. Me n Hemi on the road. I put her a bowl of water on console, yep I get a lot of wet. Jodi let the range go feral while I was gone so I get to start all over again. Arghh. And I seriously over loaded my trailer again and got the expected blow out. I never went over sixty but I just had to much weight. I averaged 12.4 mpg over the last one thousand miles fully loaded. Not bad.

View attachment 1715980199

View attachment 1715980200

View attachment 1715980201
Damn that's a lot of work! Isn't it great to have a nice comfortable truck to drive all those miles! And 12.4 loaded is damn good mileage. Hey that thing got a Hemi? Damn straight! Love your aunt. She's got spunk!

Welcome back @Sublime one John.... is that it for big hauls or are there more trips in store? Glad you got there safely in spite of the hiccups.

@Mopar Tim ... nice rides....

Happy note... transmission is finished... I'll pick it up from Stan on Monday (same guy you used Tim) which means I need to get going on the removal if the old one. Probably take a couple of days off next week so I can work steady. Hate doing things in short bits. Builder recommended Type-F in the new one (@dukeboy_318 )

Still fixing wiring and finding more funky stuff that I can't live with knowing it's there. This is the latest. I'm not a fan of the "blob solder"...:BangHead: I did find the lost oil idiot light wire... it had broken off at some point so traced it and put a new connector on to go with the new sender. :thumbsup:

Seems my plan for mounting the tach on the steering column isn't going to work either. The flared back of the steering wheel will strike the bezel. Haven't cut any wires yet so I'll ponder that a bit further. I'd rather not go back to under the dash but that might be the only option. (Update. Moving it behind the turn signal arm gave me the room I needed)

Slow and easy wins the race. Just need another few diffeteret types of solderless connectors and such to make the wiring harness proper.

20220903_163801.jpg

20220903_172549.jpg

Last edited:
california-zone-map-for-deer-hunting-map-of-usa-district-california-deer-hunting-map.jpg

Columbian-Black-Tailed-Deer.jpg

Blacktail we also has Mulies up in the Sierra. I know an area that has Tule Elk nearby. Pronghorns a little NE of here.
Big Horn Sheep out in the desert.

Wow, this new local news guy is painful to watch. Thank God for good local commercials.

I never tried to deviate from stock very much, till the 66.....the 440 is basically stock, just not in the right vehicle......
Typically easier that way… but where’s the fun in that? It’s like driving the interstate, BORING :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::poke::poke::poke::poke:

-
Back