Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Lift Day looks perfect!

Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 64.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 40.

Looks like Baron Ben Rickster will be running with the weather.

Stay safe Rick and be extra careful. Rain, storms and wet roads will wear on you.

Dallas Thursday
A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Memphis Thursday
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming north northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%

Nashville Thursday Afternoon
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Cincinnati Thursday Evening
Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 70. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Columbus Thursday night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 58. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%

Somerset PA Friday morning
A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 68. Southwest wind around 8 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.

what are you using to clean them?

This method:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM"]How to Restore Headlights PERMANENTLY - YouTube[/ame]

I managed to get the wrong kind of clear coat, though. Managed to get a "crackelated" effect on the glass. Pretty clear after pic though. This is immediately after clear coat so the crackeling hadn't started yet. (before pic repeated below)

Attachments

• 2016-04-20 16.17.14.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 2016-04-20 14.20.57.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 93
This is how they look today. With all the water I used for the wet sanding, there is a little condensation on the inside. I think that'll evaporate eventually. The summer is coming, after all.

Now I need to add a layer or wax.

And good morning, all! :cheers:

Attachments

• 2016-04-21 08.38.40.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 105
Morning! Can't sleep so probably head into work.
Always something to do!

Those headlights look good btw! Nicely done.

man, gotta shop around, 600 and below cfm carbs can be had cheap, just rebuild and you can get the whole setup for under 150 bucks

True. I got a 600 Holley for $35 from Bad Sport plus a $18 kit from Jegs. I'm selling it right now over here for $250, rebuilt.

I always say, If you can't do it yourself, or have really deep pockets, Don't get involved in the Hobby. I got a guy with a 70 Hemi RR , I just looked at, and it's got a collapsed #6 int lifter. Dead Miss. Guy does'nt have a clue mechanically, and can't afford to fix it right now. Said he was gonna take it home and let it sit until later , or Sell it.

Don't loose his phone number ... :D

Well while we are on the subject.. I can do allot myself as long as my body will let it.............
I just can not pull on a ratchet anymore, so I am lucky to have great friends and two strong 30+ year old son's.
Not a perfectionist unless it is a life or death thing like fishing, planting and showing off in front of my wife...

This did get dun, for the coffee crews eyes only :glasses7:

Looks good!

Thanks! They look worse in the pic due to the condensation.

I dont think we have met before, so hello!

What are the popular mopars in Sweden? If there is such a thing. Lol. Mostly A bodies?

memike, I'm all teared up and the hair on the back of my neck is standing. I just read your old thread on the '63 more door you found, owned, lost, found and gave away. It is just an incredible story.

And you are a fantastic man.

I dont think we have met before, so hello!

What are the popular mopars in Sweden? If there is such a thing. Lol. Mostly A bodies?

Hi and hello!

Well, the Chargers, Fury:s and Roadrunners are the popular and expensive ones just like everywhere else. Also the large ones, the proper cruisers. Very popular in the local variant of redneck cruise-ins.

A-bodies are more the entry-level cars for gearheads, much like myself. Fairly abundant as they were sold here when they were new. The Swedish police used Valiants in the late sixties.

But like everywhere else the Chevys are more common.

memike, I'm all teared up and the hair on the back of my neck is standing. I just read your old thread on the '63 more door you found, owned, lost, found and gave away. It is just an incredible story.

And you are a fantastic man.
Thank you (forgot your name,sorry.. getting old has it's down falls) :) That sure was a wild ride for a long time for me and the good folks here, and as true of a story told sir :color:

Good morning. Ben is officially on the road to the hoppiest place on earth.. more details as they become available

It's Lift time !! Keep us here in the coffee thread updated and don't get in a hurry Ben, there are crazy people out there driving so stay safe sir.. Wow ! I wish, I wish, I wish I was going !

g'moring you all - didn't sleep for chit.. don't ya hate KNOWING it's going to be a long day before the day even starts!? LOL I see Ben is ready to rock-n-roll.. what is it, 4am there?

Good morning Mike :glasses7:, same here, as soon as I woke up at 3:30 am I could not go back to sleep ether :banghead: so here I am getting my coffee fix :coffee2: then get showered and shaved to hit the road with a tall to do list .........:glasses7:

true enough about the roads these days - though, my mom has already made it to NJ and she said it has been pretty good all the way.. she did manage to get a speeding ticket ( there be no wonder where I get my leadfoot tendencies..) but other than that the ride has been uneventful..
It's Lift time !! Keep us here in the coffee thread updated and don't get in a hurry Ben, there are crazy people out there driving so stay safe sir.. Wow ! I wish, I wish, I wish I was going !

this is feeling like a 3 :coffee2: day right now - I rarely stop and buy a cup but today I just may HAVE to! LOL
Good morning Mike :glasses7:, same here, as soon as I woke up at 3:30 am I could not go back to sleep ether :banghead: so here I am getting my coffee fix :coffee2: then get showered and shaved to hit the road with a tall to do list .........:glasses7:

speaking of hitting the road and stopping for a cup - time for me to do the go to work thing.. cyas later - Ben - safe driving bud - keep the shinny side up!

Thank you (forgot your name,sorry.. getting old has it's down falls) :) That sure was a wild ride for a long time for me and the good folks here, and as true of a story told sir :color:

It's Anders and don't worry about it. Odd names are harder to remember.

I found the other threads too, the one where the money was collected and the one where you went and picked up the car.

It really is a story worthy of a Disney movie.

true enough about the roads these days - though, my mom has already made it to NJ and she said it has been pretty good all the way.. she did manage to get a speeding ticket ( there be no wonder where I get my leadfoot tendencies..) but other than that the ride has been uneventful..
:D Happy she had a good trip even with a speeding ticket Mike, this must be a good time of year to hit the roads and travel, no crazy kids out there in high dollar cars thinking they own the road :glasses7:

this is feeling like a 3 :coffee2: day right now - I rarely stop and buy a cup but today I just may HAVE to! LOL
It's going to be a POT full for me today #-o

It's Anders and don't worry about it. Odd names are harder to remember.

I found the other threads too, the one where the money was collected and the one where you went and picked up the car.

It really is a story worthy of a Disney movie.

A time in my life that will not be forgotten for sure Anders :color: Arkansas law is a crap shoot it seems, I just hope our doctors are doing there job to take care of folks :)

-
Back