Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Plan to hit the road about 5AM... Should put me in Columbus about midnight... Then if I leave at 6 the next morning, I can be at Carlisle around noon. At least that is the plan...

Funny thing about plans. Just get enough rest between drive time and arrive safe.

Plan to hit the road about 5AM... Should put me in Columbus about midnight... Then if I leave at 6 the next morning, I can be at Carlisle around noon. At least that is the plan...

IDK if this helps you estimate drive times, but the run from Columbus to Carlisle is about 5 hours. I used to drive from Cinci to Philly in 8 hrs back when I was still living in both places. Did it every weekend, round trip.

It's about 9 hours from Memphis to Cinci. I did that about 20 times when I moved from Cinci to Memphis.

I got the addy info from Hoppy and Wolfie today and just finished checking out the route and drive times. Looks like a 1-4 pm drop-in will work.

I have to do some set construction in the morning for my Daughter's show at the school but I should be able to bug-out by around 10ish. I need to be back by 7 pm for the show itself, so a 4 pm departure should work just fine.

Looks like I will be there for a little while at least! :cheers:

IDK if this helps you estimate drive times, but the run from Columbus to Carlisle is about 5 hours. I used to drive from Cinci to Philly in 8 hrs back when I was still living in both places. Did it every weekend, round trip.

It's about 9 hours from Memphis to Cinci. I did that about 20 times when I moved from Cinci to Memphis.

I was figuring about 6 from Columbus to Carlisle. Maybe i can sleep an extra hour! Good to know. I may outrun Google maps!

I got the addy info from Hoppy and Wolfie today and just finished checking out the route and drive times. Looks like a 1-4 pm drop-in will work.

I have to do some set construction in the morning for my Daughter's show at the school but I should be able to bug-out by around 10ish. I need to be back by 7 pm for the show itself, so a 4 pm departure should work just fine.

Looks like I will be there for a little while at least! :cheers:

Great news. I look forward to meeting you in person...

I have a small pressure washer that I left outside a couple of year ago and it froze - caused it to fail at one of the ports - I decided that wasn't acceptable today and figured out a solution - took some farkin' around, but it works again..
So what ARE you doing?

I too have a pressure washer problem. Ordered a new Carb for it, put it on, seems to run good. I have two pieces of equipment with the same honda engine on it. I still have to put second carb on my cement mixer. I have a TON of work to do.

I was figuring about 6 from Columbus to Carlisle. Maybe i can sleep an extra hour! Good to know. I may outrun Google maps!

Yeah, Google maps says 342 Miles and 5-1/2 hrs...but that's at exactly the speed limit. If you go 10% over like the rest of traffic will be, you will make it in more like 4-3/4 hrs.

I look forward to meeting you and everyone else too! :blob:

Yeah, Google maps says 342 Miles and 5-1/2 hrs...but that's at exactly the speed limit. If you go 10% over like the rest of traffic will be, you will make it in more like 4-3/4 hrs.

I look forward to meeting you and everyone else too! :blob:
Only a 38 hour drive for me. I will have to pass!

Yoo hoo! The More the merrier! I'm not spending the night either but plan on being there all day. Limited drinking because I have to drive home. But I may come prepared.

I too have a pressure washer problem. Ordered a new Carb for it, put it on, seems to run good. I have two pieces of equipment with the same honda engine on it. I still have to put second carb on my cement mixer. I have a TON of work to do.

Dont it just suck when you gotta work on all your equipment just to use it to do MORE WORK! :protest: :violent1::banghead:

mine is just a little POS electric one - cast aluminum body - real junk honestly but it is good enough for what I need for now..

Just about sleepy time here. One more day of work. Friday off to Carlisle. Just hope it aint too wet. Latest is 80% t-storms. Dont expect a washout though? That happened at Hershey a couple years ago. Flash flooding, almost everybody packed up and rolled. Normal rain and even a little thunder doesnt bother most of these guys. Best Day at Carlisle Mopars for me was a couple years ago. A slight drizzle most of the day kept the temp down. That show is usually a roaster.

Just about sleepy time here. One more day of work. Friday off to Carlisle. Just hope it aint too wet. Latest is 80% t-storms. Dont expect a washout though? That happened at Hershey a couple years ago. Flash flooding, almost everybody packed up and rolled. Normal rain and even a little thunder doesnt bother most of these guys. Best Day at Carlisle Mopars for me was a couple years ago. A slight drizzle most of the day kept the temp down. That show is usually a roaster.

It should be OK. NWS says this...

Friday
A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Light southwest wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

-
Back