Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
TMM has his stout brewing now...

I'm thinking the CO2 issue is just that, charging kegs or running taps.

Cask pull beer at room temp is Maaayyyzinnn
I do. I have a keg and Co2 system but what a pain it is. I went back to dark amber liter plastic bottles. They store and transport easily and I can tell how much they are carbonated with a little squeeze. See all the boxes on the 3rd shelf down to the right. All beer in their own cases. Some of them are empties and some full.

2.16.22.jpg

Anybody else catch Thursday Night Futility?
Nope
I have no Idea how they use CO2 to brew it just bars use it to pump it out of taps. @toolmanmike ?
I don't know, but Genny put way too much in the Octoberfest. Don't recall if I mentioned here or just in the drinking thread...Dumped most of a 12 pack that fizzed/tasted like seltzer water. bleh, yuck!

Good Morning

Off work to have a yard sale. Figured get set up today and leave most out overnight for an early start tomorrow. But it's friggin cold and worse -its like 15mph wind! :wtf: So, not in any rush to get started. Thinking I will get the bigger stuff out, but smalls might stay in the garage till morning. Not like many people are gonna be out junk shopping right now anyway.

I have no Idea how they use CO2 to brew it just bars use it to pump it out of taps. @toolmanmike ?
Pretty much. You don't want flat beer and co2 gives it the fizz and the foamy head. (que Karl) Like tapping a keg with a hand pump. It will deliver until the captured cor2 is gone then you better start pumping. The c02 is pressure to deliver the beer while providing a foamy head. I put priming sugar in my bottles. The left over yeast eats the sugar and produces c02. I over sugared a batch a couple years ago and when I unscrewed the bottle caps, it oozed foam for 10 or 15 min. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::lol:

Pretty much. You don't want flat beer and co2 gives it the fizz and the foamy head. (que Karl) Like tapping a keg with a hand pump. It will deliver until the captured cor2 is gone then you better start pumping. The c02 is pressure to deliver the beer while providing a foamy head. I put priming sugar in my bottles. The left over yeast eats the sugar and produces c02. I over sugared a batch a couple years ago and when I unscrewed the bottle caps, it oozed foam for 10 or 15 min. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::lol:

I had a friend in Hawaii who put too much sugar in his mix, beers would explode if moved around too much. Lots of documentation/experimentation to brew I think.

We've had a nice break in humidity here for a couple weeks now. Temp too until a few days ago. We had 96 yesterday but with low humidity so it wasn't terrible. Cold front blew through last night. It's 63 out right now. lol Suits the heck outta me.

Sitting at tire shop. I asked to replace all 4 sensors,instead of chasing an intermittent faulty one. I have no clue which one it is,as tires werent marked when i put wheels on in spring. They said no, will check when light comes on. No screwing around with 4 new ones. So i had to insist.

I go to the beer store yesterday the guy tells me my beer went up? Whatever everything goes up. I ask how much, he says $0.25 a 30 pack. I hate this it is getting personal now!

Gas gone up here twice in last 3 weeks at a dime a pop. There must be a refinery in San Pedro being repainted :rolleyes: :lol:

Many of the stouts I prefer use Nitrogen instead.

I had a friend in Hawaii who put too much sugar in his mix, beers would explode if moved around too much. Lots of documentation/experimentation to brew I think.
Been there. I switched from glass to plastic for that reason. :lol:

4-12-18 1322.jpg

Thinking I will get the bigger stuff out, but smalls might stay in the garage till morning. Not like many people are gonna be out junk shopping right now anyway.

Are we talkin' car parts or man parts here???
huh.gif

-
Back