Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Tomorrow is opening day at Mammoth Mountain :thumbsup: A week earlier than usual

1667580914606.png

Last coat of filler. Buddy said weld it and he would finish and paint. I saw his handiwork. Nope, not gonna happen. In not going for perfect, its not in my nature. But its not bad. Good thing its the right side.

Another scuff and one more coat of sealer..

759EAB79-49F7-4543-AF50-618FE917CBC8.jpeg
10 to 20 feet, looks great!

So a 93 old flat bed fixed and reinforced to hold 8 people all painted up pretty and not perfect just trying to match the rest of the truck. I should be able to mount it back on the truck tomorrow and then have to figure out the bar stool seats and have no idea the size of an old tractor seat from center to sides. I want them to swivel and be adjustable to fit tall and short people.
Think my biggest problem would be someone that's over 300 pounds sitting on a seat . I weigh 140 wet and with my clothes on so hard to figure if the seats will hold up to heavy weight.
The truck is a 1.5 ton truck so think that will be fine and need to check the tires for weight capacities but the only time it will be driven with a bunch of guys on the seats is when I meet up with all of you guys and one of you gets a wild hair and decide to take all us bar stool setters for a ride around the car shows. Still that would be fun and looking forward in it as long as we can hold on to our drinks and not fall off. LOL

IMG_20221104_140105287_HDR.jpg

So a 93 old flat bed fixed and reinforced to hold 8 people all painted up pretty and not perfect just trying to match the rest of the truck. I should be able to mount it back on the truck tomorrow and then have to figure out the bar stool seats and have no idea the size of an old tractor seat from center to sides. I want them to swivel and be adjustable to fit tall and short people.
Think my biggest problem would be someone that's over 300 pounds sitting on a seat . I weigh 140 wet and with my clothes on so hard to figure if the seats will hold up to heavy weight.
The truck is a 1.5 ton truck so think that will be fine and need to check the tires for weight capacities but the only time it will be driven with a bunch of guys on the seats is when I meet up with all of you guys and one of you gets a wild hair and decide to take all us bar stool setters for a ride around the car shows. Still that would be fun and looking forward in it as long as we can hold on to our drinks and not fall off. LOL

View attachment 1716006495
Yep. You might need duals. A Dana 40 or Rockwell out of a school bus. Springs from a railroad car. :poke: :lol: :lol:

Were they able to fix it for you???
Somewhat. But never the same. My right knee I tore my ACL, PCL, LCL and meniscus all at once the first time. Second time I hyper extended the ACL and third time I ruptured my patellar tendon

Were they able to fix it for you???
My biggest problem is kneeling or keeping my knee at or near 90 degrees, so for like sit-ups and such. It’s also why I adopted the gangster style of driving with my seat low and back vs up straight like I used to in the old truck

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Appears you do some incredible work. Hope to enjoy an adult beverage on one of the stools...

I made a set of forks for my 3 point on my tractor. 2x2 square 1/8” wall tubing. I have lifted lots of things to test the limits of them, never bent yet. My son’s snowmobile is 700 lbs.
i have a steel tractor seat, could measure it. If i renember

Breakfast at home this morning. She makes me Hu Tieu Hai San. Which is Vietnamese soup with seafood and in this case shrimp. Also she puts lots of those little red or green peppers in here with onions. Quite spicy. But I am getting used to it. My tolerance for spiciness is getting stronger. The longer I am here in Vietnam the more spicy foods I eat.
Oh I forgot, also iced black coffee with sugar only
PXL_20221105_004140028.jpg

This was shot in May of this year. Still have the Zip Line video to upload to YouTube. That was fun.... :thumbsup:

I made a set of forks for my 3 point on my tractor. 2x2 square 1/8” wall tubing. I have lifted lots of things to test the limits of them, never bent yet. My son’s snowmobile is 700 lbs.
i have a steel tractor seat, could measure it. If i renember
I need to order some on line but was hopping someone around here has one that I could borrow for a day.
Pete has 2 that when I go to Mopars in the park will get from him.

-
Back