Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sure makes it hard to go to work everyday and put up with it. Life is to short my friend and the stress I think your going through is not good.
Thanks. I’d walk out and quit but without something lined up, it’d be a major financial mistake

I’ve been looking heavily since September. Had several interviews, some more than once but nothing offered so far. Honestly, as soon as I get something, I’m burning my pto and dropping my notice. If they don’t can me first. Which I truly feel is coming. I have to submit work to this guy and he sits on it , sometimes for MONTHs and then says it’s my fault despite repeatedly asking him to do his part
Make him date and sign a note.

So, didnt get to schmearing any filler, managed to goop on the seam sealer though. I used to get it in a can and brush it on, i really prefer that. And some priming. There is a plastic cover that hides the whole rocker.

934A4C89-8251-48D4-8AA0-07F800FC8B2A.jpeg

B3F85AA7-EF07-4AC7-96F6-42771C5E9805.jpeg

So, didnt get to schmearing any filler, managed to goop on the seam sealer though. I used to get it in a can and brush it on, i really prefer that. And some priming. There is a plastic cover that hides the whole rocker.

View attachment 1716006280

View attachment 1716006281

View attachment 1716006280

View attachment 1716006281
And getting the clips out in one piece or not damaging the plastic rocker cover is hard enough.

I’ve been looking heavily since September. Had several interviews, some more than once but nothing offered so far. Honestly, as soon as I get something, I’m burning my pto and dropping my notice. If they don’t can me first. Which I truly feel is coming. I have to submit work to this guy and he sits on it , sometimes for MONTHs and then says it’s my fault despite repeatedly asking him to do his part
Date stamp it when you submit the work.

She is always buying new clothes online. They deliver them to the house. And the delivery guy waits outside while she tries them on to see if she likes them. Hard to believe huh?. Anyhow this dress was only 20 bucks. But she's always buying them and trying them on. I approve.

IMG_20221104_103916.jpg

IMG_20221104_103918.jpg

IMG_20221104_103913.jpg

What kind of work do you do?
I have had a bunch of bosses that are just kiss asses to the owner of the shop and I walked out and found another job. I have no time for a boss that is a brown noser and steps on the guys under him.
Glad I'm retired and the only person I have to deal with is me.

Brown Nose.jpg

Date stamp it when you submit the work.
System automatically does and it’s not changeable. Plus I double tap it why making him sign and date it. Does no good. Everyone just ignores that fact when I bring it up. I’m still the scapegoat.

I hope you can sort things out soon. That's no way to spend your energy.

I hope you can sort things out soon. That's no way to spend your energy.
Yeah. I’ve been up all night saving their asses again. Last time. And I made damn sure to let them know it.

It’s even worse then this but generally the same concept

Hey folks! I'm on and off as usual ...

My 273 build is coming together. I was going to use a set of half-ported 360 heads but when I sand blasted the chambers a crack appeared in one of the exhaust valve seats. Crap.

But I found a set for $250 with springs and valves. They've had a 3-angle valve job, too! A friend is picking them up for me and they'll be here tomorrow evening!

Plus I found a tunnel ram!

My 273 build is coming together. I was going to use a set of half-ported 360 heads but when I sand blasted the chambers a crack appeared in one of the exhaust valve seats. Crap.

But I found a set for $250 with springs and valves. They've had a 3-angle valve job, too! A friend is picking them up for me and they'll be here tomorrow evening!

You may need to notch the cylinders for the larger 360 valves in a 273....

Nice!

You may need to notch the cylinders for the larger 360 valves in a 273....
Yes, I'm aware of this. The cam I've ordered (this Lunati cam, 235/243 @0.050", 110 LSA, 525/546 lift) will probably require machined valve guide bosses and valve pockets too.
The 360 heads I'm getting has offset retainers so that might take care of the valve spring pockets but I don't know what springs are in them, I'll need to research that.
I do have the correct springs for the cam as well as NOS Lunati solid lifters from 2012.

Good Morning everyone. I hope all is well. Messing with the Demon last night. Was nice to drive it. I got some of the bugs tuned out. There is still a miss about 3000 if slowly (meaning no accelerator pump shot) increasing the throttle. Looking in the carbs, the rear carb has fuel flowing out to the boosters and not atomizing well while the front carb is behind. I think I will need to go through these again this winter. Also, the stab to WOT works in park, very crisp and quick, but while driving it stumbles badly. To me, normally that would mean a larger nozzle, but these are center squirters, so it will likely just take some time to sort out.

Well we got some walls stood up yesterday. Pretty good day. We are at the fun stage of building where you see just huge chunks of progress every day. i Am trying desperately to get dried in before winter hits. Yes Frank it ain’t Winter here yet! Hah! I sure don’t miss Fargo. I will have to stop midday today and do a private pistol class, then head out to do a church security training event tomorrow. To finally be going vertical on the big house is a huge deal. Of course that has all but stopped finish work on little house. Hah!

6502C928-E2FB-4923-9E48-9360CF04FD43.jpeg

264C8766-2A3A-4097-9F2A-5485DCA79CB9.jpeg

8BCF180B-E4F7-4307-AD07-D2835DCAE069.jpeg

Well we got some walls stood up yesterday. Pretty good day. We are at the fun stage of building where you see just huge chunks of progress every day. i Am trying desperately to get dried in before winter hits. Yes Frank it ain’t Winter here yet! Hah! I sure don’t miss Fargo. I will have to stop midday today and do a private pistol class, then head out to do a church security training event tomorrow. To finally be going vertical on the big house is a huge deal. Of course that has all but stopped finish work on little house. Hah!

View attachment 1716006331

View attachment 1716006332

View attachment 1716006333
Wow you're moving fast, looking good!

You are killing me my friend. I feel busy most of the time, but sheesh. You are making us all look bad. Great job John!!

Hope you can be there when your trusses show up, for us there was one broken and it took a long time to get a replacement, complex roof? Anyhoo, besides that the DOT flagger that came with the truck drove in the drainfield.

animalhouse-ramming (1).gif

-
Back