Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning, cool and cloudy today. Father-in-laws funeral today. Last night was the visitation. It went very well. Lots of people. I think there were 150 people sigh the book so well over 300 attended. Lots of beautiful flowers. Kenny was active in Farm Bureau, Soil Conservation, County planning and zoning and the like. He was a ornery cuss but very well respected by many. He was a successful farmer and great family man.

Good morning, cool and cloudy today. Father-in-laws funeral today. Last night was the visitation. It went very well. Lots of people. I think there were 150 people sigh the book so well over 300 attended. Lots of beautiful flowers. Kenny was active in Farm Bureau, Soil Conservation, County planning and zoning and the like. He was a ornery cuss but very well respected by many. He was a successful farmer and great family man.
Sounds like a great fellow Mike, he sure stayed busy and took good care of his family and folks around him I bet... he will be missed I am sure.
Prayers sent out to all the folks he had around him on this day.

morning Mr. M1 sorry to hear of this loss. Older generation farmers are disappearing, which is unfortunate because younger people will never know work like they did in the past.

Hope you have a good day despite the situation, all you can do is keep on truckin'

wassss uuuuuuup... !? A bad day working on the car is better than a good day at work - so I took today off... gonna spend it the garage -- see what kinda trouble I can get into...

wassss uuuuuuup... !? A bad day working on the car is better than a good day at work - so I took today off... gonna spend it the garage -- see what kinda trouble I can get into...
Sounds like fun Mike

Your FIN sounds a lot like some of my family members. Ornery Finlanders, but usually well liked. Again my condolences go out to you and your family.

I sure would had like to do that, but its just to cool to out yet.. I'll save my time for a nicer day.

God how I love having the right tools for the job ...

image.jpeg

anybody successful at removing blemishes from glass? the drivers door glass I just got has some spots on it that appear to be lightly etched in. Another one I have has some sideways scratches. hoping I can get one of them looking a little better. I think I now have 5 drivers side windows (6 if you include one for old style regulator) and most are going in the dumpster.:(i did finally get a nice one for passenger side.:thumbsup:

morning Mr. M1 sorry to hear of this loss. Older generation farmers are disappearing, which is unfortunate because younger people will never know work like they did in the past.

Hope you have a good day despite the situation, all you can do is keep on truckin'
I like the ornery ones - typically they are just that way to guard against dumb dumbs.. once they realize you are ok they are some of the funniest people..

anybody successful at removing blemishes from glass? the drivers door glass I just got has some spots on it that appear to be lightly etched in. Another one I have has some sideways scratches. hoping I can get one of them looking a little better.

Im just as curious. If you ever find a good way let me know...

anybody successful at removing blemishes from glass? the drivers door glass I just got has some spots on it that appear to be lightly etched in. Another one I have has some sideways scratches. hoping I can get one of them looking a little better. I think I now have 5 drivers side windows (6 if you include one for old style regulator) and most are going in the dumpster.:(i did finally get a nice one for passenger side.:thumbsup:
Keith, I spent Hours upon hours trying to get scratches out of a Road Runner Rear Glass a few years back. Never really looked much better that when I started. I used specific glass rouge in different coarsenesses . I think the deal is, If you can feel it with a fingernail, it's a no go.

At least it compensates somewhat for my ineptitude.

So little story about my early years with a power tool.

I was about 25 and newly married. We were expecting my daughter and I wanted to make her a dresser. So I go out and buy the wood, paint etc.. I had a nice plan I was going to copy. Well I didnt have a skillsaw so I run to the store and pick up a brand new saw. Im all excited to get to it. I have the wood laid out on the saw horses, I plug in the saw and line it up. I pull the trigger and start the cut. About 10 inches into the cut the saw just stops. Dead, nothing, nada. So I try to pull the saw out... I cant.. I start looking and see the cord is stuck in my cut I just made. I easily pull the cord out of the cut, but I still cant get the saw out.. I take a peek under the wood and found my problem.

I didnt take the kinks out of the cord and the blade caught the cord and sucked it up into the blade which wrapped up into the housing.. Brand new saw with a cord that I cut in half!!! :mad:

I still have that saw and that same cord, with the electrical tape on it to remind me of my stupidity!! Oh and I still suck at carpenter work.

And sometimes I still don't have the right tool.
032602951421[00].jpg

So little story about my early years with a power tool.

I was about 25 and newly married. We were expecting my daughter and I wanted to make her a dresser. So I go out and buy the wood, paint etc.. I had a nice plan I was going to copy. Well I didnt have a skillsaw so I run to the store and pick up a brand new saw. Im all excited to get to it. I have the wood laid out on the saw horses, I plug in the saw and line it up. I pull the trigger and start the cut. About 10 inches into the cut the saw just stops. Dead, nothing, nada. So I try to pull the saw out... I cant.. I start looking and see the cord is stuck in my cut I just made. I easily pull the cord out of the cut, but I still cant get the saw out.. I take a peek under the wood and found my problem.

I didnt take the kinks out of the cord and the blade caught the cord and sucked it up into the blade which wrapped up into the housing.. Brand new saw with a cord that I cut in half!!! :mad:

I still have that saw and that same cord, with the electrical tape on it to remind me of my stupidity!! Oh and I still suck at carpenter work.
doh!! I think if we think about it, we all have one of "those" stories..

-
Back