Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
If it is internal 8 1/4 I prob have them

Yes for my 8 1/4 carrier, the peg leg unit had one thick one in it, I pulled it and have the sure grip read to be set up in it, Pinion is in and has all new bearings and races in it. I posted in the trans and drive train forum, can you take a loo at it please ?

Differential
dana30explodedview.jpg
and backlash shim?

That pic is also how GM is done. No adjusters. You force the carrier into place with the appropriate amount of spacers/shims on each side to get correct backlash.

Yep, Pre loud adjusting shims is what I need to find , Thank you

There are adjusters and I have seen them with the shims and without. I think the sure grip needs them for some reason. The go between the bearing race and the adjuster

Mike are they what you need? Your lucky just started getting the shop cleaned out and knew where they were!

There are adjusters and I have seen them with the shims and without. I think the sure grip needs them for some reason. The go between the bearing race and the adjuster
Perhaps the SG units are more narrow than the Peg leg unit Memi is replacing. Either way, if you did not run out of adjuster thread, I don't see why it wouldn't work without shims.

Think they are the larger bearings, want both sets? One million Turkish dollars!

-
Back