Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning, drinking Costa Rica coffee, sounds good, right? Well, my coworker who's not the sharpest brought it back from his trip there. I told him, go to a market and buy the bulk coffee beans. Well he bought the packaged coffee that's marketed to tourists and it is awful. He thinks it's great...if he only knew what the good coffee tastes like. But he and his wife had a great time down there which is all that matters.

Good morning, drinking Costa Rica coffee, sounds good, right? Well, my coworker who's not the sharpest brought it back from his trip there. I told him, go to a market and buy the bulk coffee beans. Well he bought the packaged coffee that's marketed to tourists and it is awful. He thinks it's great...if he only knew what the good coffee tastes like. But he and his wife had a great time down there which is all that matters.
Hey David!

I saw this piece on Costa Rica on TV the other day. Boy, they're in serious trouble financially.

ugh, im never shipping something again, too much headache

how did you fare thru the Bad weather?
Have a bunch of big limbs I'll breaking out the chain saw on this weekend. But nothing damaged so made out fairly well. We've had bout 5 inches of rain since monday though so I'm worried about the seeds rotting in my garden

My brain is shot !! I can't start a new thread and I need to find a shim kit for my 8 1/4 as soon as friggen possible ! Jeese Laweeze !!

We went there and made sure to buy the real stuff! Man what a difference. They do have some good coffee. We bought 5 bags of whole bean, it didnt last us nearly long enough.. Guess its time to go back!

You sure struck some bad luck, buddy.
yeah no kidding, dang near unbelievable. Oh well, important thing is that everyone gets their parts asap.

oh well, ive been on a very good and lucky streak for a while, it was bound to go the other way

Id move there to help out.

Back in the '80's a Costa Rican kid was a busboy where I worked, he was constantly telling me all about his homeland. I determined one day I would see for myself. In '96 my sister and I went just when tourism was gearing up, it changed my life, I went there 21 more times until 2009. The small hotel where I stayed was like a second home and I was really close with the staff. The handwriting was on the wall however and it turned into condos. When I think back to the feeling I had there, I get an ache in my heart.

To any single guy, if you have money and/or if you have a strong spirit of adventure.....GO find a Costa Rican lady to marry, because then by law you will be Costa Rican. The women there are beautiful and sweet, they cook and sew and keep a clean house, and they are a lot of fun. The geography is so diverse and everything is so abundant there...fish, produce. You feel so free, there aren't cops and cameras everywhere.

We went there and made sure to buy the real stuff! Man what a difference. They do have some good coffee. We bought 5 bags of whole bean, it didnt last us nearly long enough.. Guess its time to go back!

I would fill my suitcase with kilos of coffee, give much away, it was always sad when I'd run out.

The life expectancy in Costa Rica is one of the highest in the world, because of the healthy way of life. You do see a lot of old people.

Back in the '80's a Costa Rican kid was a busboy where I worked, he was constantly telling me all about his homeland. I determined one day I would see for myself. In '96 my sister and I went just when tourism was gearing up, it changed my life, I went there 21 more times until 2009. The small hotel where I stayed was like a second home and I was really close with the staff. The handwriting was on the wall however and it turned into condos. When I think back to the feeling I had there, I get an ache in my heart.

To any single guy, if you have money and/or if you have a strong spirit of adventure.....GO find a Costa Rican lady to marry, because then by law you will be Costa Rican. The women there are beautiful and sweet, they cook and sew and keep a clean house, and they are a lot of fun. The geography is so diverse and everything is so abundant there...fish, produce. You feel so free, there aren't cops and cameras everywhere.

I asked Treva if she would give me a divorce and let me go have my first child hood and see how long I would last there David :D . It sounds like a perfect place to me

I totally know what you mean. We visited there while on a cruise with my new wife for our honeymoon. I was cuckoo for the tour guide. Very pretty woman about my age!!! LOL That country is just amazing and the guide did such a good job telling us the history and culture, etc... that Im hooked on going back many more times. We only got to see some of the Gulf side, and the rain forest.

After being told that people from all over the world go there for there University, because they dont believe in expensive education. Its also one of the top Universities to become a doctor. Im going to be trying to talk my daughter into going there for college, instead of here in the states. Plus it would give me a reason to go there and visit for an extended period of time.

I asked Treva if she would give me a divorce and let me go have my first child hood and see how long I would last there David :D . It sounds like a perfect place to me
If my wife knew I was going there if I asked for a divorce she would probably just follow me down. LOL

I totally know what you mean. We visited there while on a cruise with my new wife for our honeymoon. I was cuckoo for the tour guide. Very pretty woman about my age!!! LOL That country is just amazing and the guide did such a good job telling us the history and culture, etc... that Im hooked on going back many more times. We only got to see some of the Gulf side, and the rain forest.

After being told that people from all over the world go there for there University, because they dont believe in expensive education. Its also one of the top Universities to become a doctor. Im going to be trying to talk my daughter into going there for college, instead of here in the states. Plus it would give me a reason to go there and visit for an extended period of time.

Mike, google images of "beautiful Costa Rican women." You might need a little "alone time" afterwards haha!

Ramie that's a good point, they have great education there. The literacy rate in Costa Rica is higher than ours. If you liked the Caribbean side, wait till you spend time on the Pacific coast. The mountains are beautiful, well the whole country is beautiful, and the women are pretty everywhere.

Last edited:
Here is a goodie I just found
DSC00449.JPG

Cool. What were those little gadgets called, they had a thumbwheel with the alphabet characters and you would make embossed labels with it?

Brasil was a eye opener for me for sure. Ah lunch from McD's

I need someones help Hops, Can you tell me where anyone can buy 8 1/4 shims with out buying a pinion kit ? I am looking and can't find any shims , do you have a stash of them by chance :)

-
Back