Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Where I got the R/T from he has a 65 Charger original owner also. 383 four speed car. Always brought it to the dealer for everything. Easily a 100 K car. I would say better than any survivor I have seen. Was his daily driver years ago. and has all the dealer receipts

Last edited:
So I found some NOS leads dual point and single. Almost 500 for six of them. Came yesterday. Have to have them though for the 100-point cars. Kills me having them in the parts bins and tying up money.

So I found some NOS leads dual point and single. Almost 500 for six of them. Came yesterday. Have to have them though for the 100-point cars. Kills me having them in the parts bins and tying up money.
I have a set of K-Mart replacement points/condensor from 1975 still in the package.. only $65... you know you want em :)

LOL I have so many blister pack like them. Good stuff but no one buys them usually except the Mopar ones I think for display mostly.

I tell you what the last few years I have been saving the old ignition boxes I used to toss. Funny how I get asked for them for display in parts cabinets.

LOL I have so many blister pack like them. Good stuff but no one buys them usually except the Mopar ones I think for display mostly.
Was joking, they will be going in the garbage... Actually.. i will probably keep my old points dist in the trunk just in case (i keep a toolbox with spare parts in every old car, never want to get towed) so i will prolly just freshen it up before hand with those spares

Never hurts to have it around. What ignition you running?
I am probably just going to buy a factory type setup from mancini.. i really like the stock mopar type electronic ignition and never had one fail.. Although i'm sure the aftermarket ones aren't as good

I am probably just going to buy a factory type setup from mancini.. i really like the stock mopar type electronic ignition and never had one fail.. Although i'm sure the aftermarket ones aren't as good
I wouldn't. Authorized Mopar so made overseas. The orange boxes they sell have a high fail rate and the distributor has a serious fast curve. Funny just talking about them on FBO I believe.

I have a quick question that i wanna post here since it doesn't deserve an entire thread... i put a new Spectra tank in my 62 with a new sending unit and the lock ring seems to actually be too small in diameter and i had to play around to get it to seat on all the tabs.. i have read that they all pretty much leak.
I saw a guy here or on FBO selling "Factory" rings, is that really a thing? are the aftermarket ones that bad?

If needed give me the engine soecs and what trans at or manual. I can hook you up with the wiring, dist and a good ecu. Prob around 200

I wouldn't. Authorized Mopar so made overseas. The orange boxes they sell have a high fail rate and the distributor has a serious fast curve. Funny just talking about them on FBO I believe.
Well.. it is one of those things i was going to ask about before i got an ignition... What would you recommend that is actually dependable (not points though) And NO MSD ever!

I have a quick question that i wanna post here since it doesn't deserve an entire thread... i put a new Spectra tank in my 62 with a new sending unit and the lock ring seems to actually be too small in diameter and i had to play around to get it to seat on all the tabs.. i have read that they all pretty much leak.
I saw a guy here or on FBO selling "Factory" rings, is that really a thing? are the aftermarket ones that bad?
Really a thing. The new rings are thinner and seem to always leak. am that guy by the way.

If needed give me the engine soecs and what trans at or manual. I can hook you up with the wiring, dist and a good ecu. Prob around 200
This year is just a 318 with TF heads and mild cam.. next year is a 390 or 426 (if i find a 360 block... been looking for like 2 months how did this **** get hard to find locally?) 727 trans..
BTW..i LOVE that dist test machine... I get all happy when Scott uses his on his videos :)

Well.. it is one of those things i was going to ask about before i got an ignition... What would you recommend that is actually dependable (not points though) And NO MSD ever!
Seriously the best bang for the buck drop in is a curved Mopar distributor with a Petronix or GM 4 pin module setup.

Really a thing. The new rings are thinner and seem to always leak. am that guy by the way.
Well.. hello that guy.... i am curious.. how do you find piles of the OEM ones 30 years later? Not doubting but am actually curious bout that..

P.S. yeah.. set me up with a ignition setup and lock ring and how you want payment

Seriously the best bang for the buck drop in is a curved Mopar distributor with a Petronix of GM 4 pin moduale.

i saw people using the GM module and i had SOOOO many friends with HEI setups in their chevies die back in the day that it kinda made me wanna stay away..

MSD sucks lately really have a issue with the new al control boxes. Stories out there of them getting fixed like 3-4 times.

BTW.. since we are on the subject.. Mancini says their new orange boxes are made by the original company that did them for mopar.. not true? also doesn't mean same quality of course..

MSD sucks lately really have a issue with the new al control boxes. Stories out there of them getting fixed like 3-4 times.
I don't trust anything msd honestly... i have had to save a lot of friends that had MSD **** just die randomly (usually ford modules oddly...)

Well.. hello that guy.... i am curious.. how do you find piles of the OEM ones 30 years later? Not doubting but am actually curious bout that..

P.S. yeah.. set me up with a ignition setup and lock ring and how you want payment
t often finds me.

lock.JPG

Resized_20220811_185052.jpeg

-
Back