Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
f3dc177cede595d70456e578368a6a86.jpg
The man!!

OK frustration setting in...because I don't know what to call it. It isn't the motor mount...it's the bracket that goes on the motor to mount the motor to the mount which, unsurprisingly, produces zero search results :lol:

Once I know what to ask for...I'll get a WANTED ad posted up.

273 mount bracket.jpg

bracket.jpg

Last edited:
OK frustration setting in...because I don't know what to call it. It isn't the motor mount...it's the bracket that goes on the motor to mount the motor to the mount which, unsurprisingly, produces zero search results :lol:

Once I know what to ask for...I'll get a WANTED ad posted up.

View attachment 1716058014

View attachment 1716058015
That right there is called a thing a ma jig connected to the watch a ma call it.
Ya I have no idea what it's called.

View attachment 1716058032Are they called motor mount brackets???

I was hoping it would be as elegantly simple as that, but when I search online I end up with motor mounts....not the brackets or the brackets but they're called motor mounts?

:wtf:

It's not easy being stupid :lol:

I think I'll just grunt and point at a picture.

I was hoping it would be as elegantly simple as that, but when I search online I end up with motor mounts....not the brackets or the brackets but they're called motor mounts?

Stupid is my middle name and yea grunt and point that's what I do. :thumbsup:

Them guys down south that bought Schumacher calls them "engine mount brackets"

Them guys down south that bought Schumacher calls them "engine mount brackets"

Any thoughts on Schumacher quality? I'm thinking there's a happy place somewhere between the $35 eBay version (sketchy) and the $350 Norms Speedshop version. Schumacher kinda strikes that at first glance??

Driverside la motor mount bracket, seems I seen a member take a truck bracket and cut it down to an Abode size, then re-drill it.

Driverside la motor mount bracket, seems I seen a member take a truck bracket and cut it down to an Abode size, then re-drill it.

Thanks Mike... It's one of those in-between connective things that gets lost. It's not "motor" and it's not "frame or suspension" I'm pretty sure they're consistent across early LA motors (?)

The Schumacher kits seem reasonable. I've revisited eBay and found a used set but hard to really see if there are cracks, etc from photos

since people are talking motor mounts, i should be able to bolt the motor mount brackets from my poly onto the LA when i get to that point? old mopars have weird *** mounts

since people are talking motor mounts, i should be able to bolt the motor mount brackets from my poly onto the LA when i get to that point? old mopars have weird *** mounts

And K-members. I'm staying in the zone of 64 and 65 because the K was the same whether 6 or 8.

Not sure about your Poly vs LA question though.

Building a LA for your early B?

And K-members. I'm staying in the zone of 64 and 65 because the K was the same whether 6 or 8.

Not sure about your Poly vs LA question though.
Yeah, if i had known about 62's before i bought mine... i prolly still would have :( I'm the king of bad decisions.. but 62's look way cooler than later b-bodys:)

Yeah, if i had known about 62's before i bought mine... i prolly still would have :( I'm the king of bad decisions.. but 62's look way cooler than later b-bodys:)
Better to build one ya really like than settle for second best I think.

-
Back