Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning all you movers and shakers. Got some snow moving in this evening. Need to get into town to get some tractor fuel getting low.
Couple more cups and I'm out of here.

Grr.. bought a set of old Dougs headers used for a good price that haven't been on a car... they are 2.5" outlet not 3"... i plan on a 2.5" exhaust anyway.. but i really need to check stuff before i buy. Just hoping they will clear power steering

Grr.. bought a set of old Dougs headers used for a good price that haven't been on a car... they are 2.5" outlet not 3"... i plan on a 2.5" exhaust anyway.. but i really need to check stuff before i buy. Just hoping they will clear power steering
Good luck, but something tell me you will not need it :thumbsup:

Good luck, but something tell me you will not need it :thumbsup:
I always need luck.. cause i make the worst decisions... ID of the collector is actually 2 1/4" i didn't even know something like this existed... or are 2 1/2 smaller ID? kind of annoyed.. will work good enough to get me on the road though. Everytime i try to save money it ends up costing more

I always need luck.. cause i make the worst decisions... ID of the collector is actually 2 1/4" i didn't even know something like this existed... or are 2 1/2 smaller ID? kind of annoyed.. will work good enough to get me on the road though. Everytime i try to save money it ends up costing more
That would be me as well.

Bah.. gonna toss these on FB market and see if i can get my money back... was only $130...

Got to say I love the new show Poker Face, I am on 1st season 8th show.
You all will like it I believe

What size engine ? Should be good for 300 to 340 hp, better then 340 hp manifolds
Bah.. gonna toss these on FB market and see if i can get my money back... was only $130...
Shoot, I would keep them for that price, lets see a picture

We've all been there.... I generally don't get things right until the second or third try

What size engine ? Should be good for 300 to 340 hp, better then 340 hp manifolds

Shoot, I would keep them for that price, lets see a picture
This year 318, next year 390 or 426 (if i find a 360 block) with TF heads.. I will prolly bite the bullet and get TTI's or something else.... i HATE spending 500+ on headers
P.S. they don't look like they were ever used, just banged around over the years
:)
2023-03-03 10.59.06.jpg

2023-03-03 10.59.26.jpg

We've all been there.... I generally don't get things right until the second or third try
Same here, test fit, remove, install, remove because I forgot to tightened motor mount bolts, reinstall to start my 360, remove headers again to lower trans tail down to hook shifter and kick down, now putting brake lines in out of the way of headers, love is good, its all about time spent daily.

Tubing measurement is OD. ID is dependent on the guage of wall thickness.

Tubing measurement is OD. ID is dependent on the guage of wall thickness.
ah k.. i thought collectors were measure in ID, my bad :) If they don't sell i will use em for the summer.. not a major thing. Just mad at myself as usual. I put em up on FB for $160.. might make a buck.. i see Summit has headers for under 300

Well.. i am planning on just 2.5" exhaust anyway... should i just stick with these or would i see much advantage going to 3" headers down to the 2.5 anyway... i just am too old for a droning loud *** flowmaster setup ever again :)

Well.. i am planning on just 2.5" exhaust anyway... should i just stick with these or would i see much advantage going to 3" headers down to the 2.5 anyway... i just am too old for a droning loud *** flowmaster setup ever again :)
Went 3" down to 2.5 on my Scamp, bought Pypes, pipe and mufflers all stainless new for $500 and happy with them.

Screw it.. will keep em and change later if i need to... My brain is horrible.. i second guess everything non stop and make the wrong choice anyway

-
Back