Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I just had french toast with banana and real maple syrup, plus some nice thick bacon. :thumbsup:
Speaking of syrup, I got a couple of these Friday. Tasty stuff.

20230305_081358.jpg

Yesterday we went and spent a couple hours with the MNL and took her out for breakfast.
After the visit we went to two lighting stores looking for flush LED fixtures for the new downstairs bathroom and bedroom. Thankfully we/she finally found the right ones.
My buddy had given her a good idea of a lighted mirror over the bathroom vanity. Since it was a double sink six foot long double vanity it would be one large mirror. The stores we went to the estimated price for this mirror was in the $1500 range. That quickly took care of that good idea and she settled for a couple $90 beveled edged mirrors. I mean it is just a guest/bar bathroom.
Then off to the Lowes Super store. We bought all the sink fixtures and wall accessories for the bar and bathroom sinks etc...
Then last stop was the locks and pulls store for door pulls for the cabinets. Just using the same pulls we used for the kitchen.
All in all, a long day and lots of driving in Saturday Kansas City big city traffic.

Last edited:
Yesterday we went and spent a couple hours with the MNL and took her out for breakfast.
After the visit we went to two lighting stores looking for flush LED fixtures for the new downstairs bathroom and bedroom. Thankfully we/she finally found the right ones.
My buddy had given her a good idea of a lighted mirror over the bathroom vanity. Since it was a double sink six foot long double vanity it would be one large mirror. The stores we went to the estimated price for this mirror was in the $1500 range. That quickly took care of that good idea and she settled for a couple $90 beveled edged mirrors.
Then off to the Lowes Super store. We bought all the sink fixtures and wall accessories for the bar and bathroom sinks etc...
Then last stop was the locks and pulls store for door pulls for the cabinets. Just using the same pulls we used for the kitchen.
All in all, a long day and lots of driving in Saturday Kansas City big city traffic.
My wife looked at lighted mirrors when I was doing upstairs bathroom. Took me half a second to veto that. They weren't that much $, but a lot of the LEDs are non replaceable. So like the new light fixtures, you have to scrap the whole thing instead of changing the bulb. And I have had to change quite a few LED bulbs already that were supposed to last so much longer than old bulbs...

My wife looked at lighted mirrors when I was doing upstairs bathroom. Took me half a second to veto that. They weren't that much $, but a lot of the LEDs are non replaceable. So like the new light fixtures, you have to scrap the whole thing instead of changing the bulb. And I have had to change quite a few LED bulbs already that were supposed to last so much longer than old bulbs...
I think 90% of the bulbs in the house have been replaced with LED's. We have some round globe bulbs that are still incandescent. It has to help with the electric bill.

And that was a point I made to her. I've found when she gets an idea to do the research and wait until we're in the store to suggest the what if.
Years of trial and error experience to make it seem that it's her conclusion and not mine...:BangHead:

Last edited:
I was watching the XFL yesterday, were in Las Vegas, never seen a football game with that much wind, crazy. Will probably be calmed down for Nascar race today.
I just looked at NWS, they're talkin' 35 mph gusts for the N Las Vegas area today and 57° high. Definitely won't be a good day for bleacher eye candy viewing :lol:

Wet cold March here, won't see 50 at our house thru the 16th anyway, we are about 2-3 degrees cooler than in Oak Harbor, could be worse tho...

Have some people coming to look at my Mazda in about an hour this will be the first to look at it.

-
Back