Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I was venting to my wife about how crappy these panels actually turned out. She actually said something positive for the first time in a week… she reminded me I’m making these panels with nothing but tin snips, a hammer, a home made bead roller and a 2x4

So I was venting to my wife about how crappy these panels actually turned out. She actually said something positive for the first time in a week… she reminded me I’m making these panels with nothing but tin snips, a hammer, a home made bead roller and a 2x4
There ya go, right there. Crude but effective. You have to start somewhere. I did a lot of fab with a vise and a chunk of railroad track.

Added bonus that she's talking to you again.

Still in the dog house?

Dang Pete, you guys just keep getting pounded with the snow!
nc_ohc=A0MJWxazqAwAX-i5Bx_&_nc_ht=scontent.fbis1-1.jpg

There ya go, right there. Crude but effective. You have to start somewhere. I did a lot of fab with a vise and a chunk of railroad track.
Thanks. I’m just getting a bit depressed over how it’s looking

Thanks. I’m just getting a bit depressed over how it’s looking
**** Chris it's all covered up no one will see it and it looks good to me.
Your doing more than most guys would even know how to start.
Don't criticize yourself just do the best you can with what you got and enjoy building it.
Never been a have to make everything perfect as much as enjoying it when it's done.

**** Chris it's all covered up no one will see it and it looks good to me.
Your doing more than most guys would even know how to start.
Don't criticize yourself just do the best you can with what you got and enjoy building it.
Never been a have to make everything perfect as much as enjoying it when it's done.
That’s okay… I get to cut the tack welds and redo it :BangHead:

When I designed out the caged enclosure to set the fuel cell in, I forgot to take into account the rubber matting on the sides. I got it for the underneath. But the sides are too tight to let it fit in. Gonna have to bust out two tack welds and move the front piece forward 1/2 inch.

That’s okay… I get to cut the tack welds and redo it :BangHead:

When I designed out the caged enclosure to set the fuel cell in, I forgot to take into account the rubber matting on the sides. I got it for the underneath. But the sides are too tight to let it fit in. Gonna have to bust out two tack welds and move the front piece forward 1/2 inch.
Join the club buddy we all been there.

Snorting tequila through swizzle sticks with Canadian fighter pilots

That evening went horribly wrong
Or perhaps carrying our close air support pilot to his plane and hoisting him up into cockpit. Three Marines plus pilot trying to navigate the treacherous ladder! Looked like monkeys and a football no doubt. All the while he is explaining once airborne he can rest his head on dash catch some Zs while auto pilot takes care of the rest. Yet another evening/morning gone horribly wrong!

Getting it done by fall gives me all winter to work thru any troubles I may find to tune it for spring 2024.

-
Back