Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Preparing range for onslaught of students this week. We are doing an Instructors block, four days of crash course for some folks that have decided they want to become NRA instructors and range safety officers. Gonna be a long week. But I like teaching this series because the students are passionate and determined to succeed.

1C662666-7994-4B0D-9274-7E409D04B997.jpeg

Or perhaps carrying our close air support pilot to his plane and hoisting him up into cockpit. Three Marines plus pilot trying to navigate the treacherous ladder! Looked like monkeys and a football no doubt. All the while he is explaining once airborne he can rest his head on dash catch some Zs while auto pilot takes care of the rest. Yet another evening/morning gone horribly wrong!

"Just get me in the air"

:lol:

So i guess i move on to hammering on a set of door skins this week. Want to gut the doors first. Glass has to be out for replacing the glass moldings.

So i guess i move on to hammering on a set of door skins this week. Want to gut the doors first. Glass has to be out for replacing the glass moldings.
My brother could put a door skin on without using any bondo. He pissed me off every time he put a door skin on.

I have 8 kids didn't get back into old cars till I was 57 and didn't start a restoration till 2018. Kinda think your doing fine Chris.
Here’s what’s kind of sad. I have spent over half my life now in some sort of military uniform. From the Civil Air Patrol at age 12 until now, I’ve only had 16 months out. Kind of crazy when I think about it.

My oldest daughter, 9, wants to join herself when it’s time. But I’m not sure she should. Not sure it’s worth it. But I’m trying to convince her to go Air Force

I'm kinda like you Fred in getting into this late in life. Had to thin down some things to create the opportunity
I gotta see your car sometime Chris and you as well and all the rest of you in the east of me.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Well my 66 is ready to roll power tour. Chris you can drive your jeep if plan a fizzles...

Preparing range for onslaught of students this week. We are doing an Instructors block, four days of crash course for some folks that have decided they want to become NRA instructors and range safety officers. Gonna be a long week. But I like teaching this series because the students are passionate and determined to succeed.

View attachment 1716060010
What's the qualification score nowadays for a new NRA instructor?? Use to be like 95%. Just curious.

What's the qualification score nowadays for a new NRA instructor?? Use to be like 95%. Just curious.
Four Four inch circles, three different distances. Nothing outside the circles. It is actually kind of hard and most do not pass on their first attempt. Different instructors define the protocol in some varied manners. I just do it by the book and figure the shooter either can or cannot. There is no try! key to success is a semi automatic 22. I keep one in my range bag that is very dialed in. After the shooter fails multiple times during practice I suggest maybe try my 22? Invariably they do not, but after multiple try’s practicing with their sub compact latest greatest SnW 40 that the gun **** writers say is end all pistol they decide to try my “magic gun” . Next thing ya know they sheepishly ask if they can borrow it for the qualifying rounds.

-
Back