Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Thunderbird Thursday!

0d71f0e746b0bba346abcf5b--ford-thunderbird-hotrods.jpg

Good morning :D

Looks like this rain today will be like an old Johnny Popper John deer, almost hit and miss, so I might be able to do some burning today, wife has a stack of cardboard to be burnt.
Then enjoy a restful day in the shop, complete my plumbing/brake lines and bleed the new master cylinder
My two sons are gaining on me with there dirt track Monty Carlo, I told them I would license it and not race it.. powder coated chassis and roll bars.

View attachment 1716061133

View attachment 1716061134
THat's looking good Mike

Aero coupe?
Looks like this rain today will be like an old Johnny Popper John deer, almost hit and miss, so I might be able to do some burning today, wife has a stack of cardboard to be burnt.
Then enjoy a restful day in the shop, complete my plumbing/brake lines and bleed the new master cylinder
My two sons are gaining on me with there dirt track Monty Carlo, I told them I would license it and not race it.. powder coated chassis and roll bars.

View attachment 1716061133

View attachment 1716061134

My sons built this one 3 years ago, raced it for one season, sold it to another driver, championship winner car in 2021

FB_IMG_1530139228573.jpg

That little stretch of heaven is not for anyone driving with purpose or speed! And the chicken trucks, did we mention them?
Ya all those trucks and a stop sign or two in every small town. I could hear the banjos playing.

A local dirt truck broker here had a grandson that wanted to go dirt trackin'. I think when the IMCA Modifieds first got started the minimum age for the driver was like 15? Gene got the grandson a Modified and off they went. IMCA back then had a "claimer" rule on the motors to try and keep them all comparable in price to keep the costs down. I don't remember the exact $$$ amount, but you went to the officials with cash in hand and said "I'm claiming the motor out of the 15 car" and it was yours. This particular car kept cleanin' the granson's clock and Gene claimed the motor. Car owner did as the rules required and took and gave it to him. " :wtf: ! This is a Ford! What am I supposed to do with a Ford?" :rofl:I think you had to run the claimer motor at least once after you claimed it, so the scramble was on to get it in the race car :lol:

This is for TMM, after class yesterday we hit the instructors lounge. This was our first tasting flight. Today all the candidates will do teach backs all day long then hit the range and role play as student and instructor. Yep they are gonna shoot in the rain most of the day.

View attachment 1716061123
MMMM Balvenie. very good

The Modified's (what we call them here) are very fun to watch. Those guys really are hard chargers. Most are young and on a budget.
My sons favorite class, but this year (after a two year vacation) as you can see its carrying steal quarter panels and fire wall, they can qualify for to classes now, Heath motor, Steve Heath knows a thing or three and stays at my sons shop, that chassis is almost the same (but legally built) are an IMCA, race it in pure stock :lol: , they are going to get protested buy some , but it won't do any good because they are legit, out of towers are afraid when they see the 247 team is back this year

One door started. Only a dribble of rust i think needs fixing.

BADA19CC-1729-43AC-B6BA-DD6922613C4D.jpeg

-
Back