Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Same here 5 inches of snow.:BangHead::mad:

Lucy and snow.jpg

I can't complain it could be worse. Was hard to find the road on the way home from work because of the blizzard conditions but I could still drive at 50 mph. Had days when I had to turn around leaving from work and spend the night in the body shop sleeping in the office in the bosses chair or stuck on the side of the road sleeping in my car at 20 below or lower. Blizzards are normal here but haven't seen a 3 day blizzard in a long time so been a good winter so far.

I can't complain it could be worse. Was hard to find the road on the way home from work because of the blizzard conditions but I could still drive at 50 mph. Had days when I had to turn around leaving from work and spend the night in the body shop sleeping in the office in the bosses chair or stuck on the side of the road sleeping in my car at 20 below or lower. Blizzards are normal here but haven't seen a 3 day blizzard in a long time so been a good winter so far.

To think I used to do that on purpose

OK... rookie question.

How do you "interview" a machine shop to figure out whether or not they're good or that they suck?

Second frame connector ground to fit.. gonna weld it in this weekend and do the last floor patch then almost time to get the old motor out finally.

I was part of a unit that did extreme cold weather stuff. Slept in improvised shelters at -60° F ... skiing through the Swiss Alps.... that kinda of stuff

I was a paid maniac for a lot of years
Wow I had no idea sorry I'll keep quiet.

I was part of a unit that did extreme cold weather stuff. Slept in improvised shelters at -60° F ... skiing through the Swiss Alps.... that kinda of stuff

As for finding a machine shop, ask local racers/mopar guys and look for any reviews of recommendations online.. I found the guy i wanna use through a member on FBO, after talking on the phone for a bit i am pretty confident in him.. hell he has me even thinking bout just going straight 360 after talking bout cars he has done with stock 360 cranks :)

Coldest I ever done was -15 in a damn pup tent, the old school canvas shelter halves. No cold weather gear, and jungle boots. I melted the damn soles of those boots trying to warm my feet in a fire. 3 days, 4 nights of frozen hell. But we found the missing girl. Alive

So, was walking past the bank to the cafe next door when my banker buddy spotted me and had me come into the garage of the bank and sit with him. Now drinking wine at 7:39 in the morning with the head of the branch bank here. Things are off the hook here most of the time. Lol
PXL_20230310_003553808.jpg

PXL_20230310_003801728.jpg

As for finding a machine shop, ask local racers/mopar guys and look for any reviews of recommendations online.. I found the guy i wanna use through a member on FBO, after talking on the phone for a bit i am pretty confident in him.. hell he has me even thinking bout just going straight 360 after talking bout cars he has done with stock 360 cranks :)

Thanks... yeah, my connections are through here... with the exception of 65 Dart Man. The PA guys are a couple hours away

I have my eye on one that seems to get a bunch of positive waves in online reviews. May scope them out when the time is right

There is a training facility north of here. They use it year round. Winter survival is one thats nobodys favorite. I think its 48 hours of hiding in the winter wilderness. Met a door gunner,took him a week to warm up after that.

There is a training facility north of here. They use it year round. Winter survival is one thats nobodys favorite. I think its 48 hours of hiding in the winter wilderness. Met a door gunner,took him a week to warm up after that.
Best hot shower ever is the day you come out of trips like that.

I still wanna know what temperature it has to be for your mustache to freeze. Happened to me once while at Mammoth Mtn at about 10K' elevation. :realcrazy:

-
Back