Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Jeezz.. i have a buddy in north dakota... it's gonna be 70 here in detroit today. but in ND he might miss work due to snow... been trying to get him out of that state..

Well top o the morning to all you push button, cable wrangling folks. I swear they breed like rabbits, every time I look up there is another one. They got me surrounded. We got mountain crushers, ski bunnies and coffee loungers all in one This morning. Frozen Four is coming if you want to see some serious crashes! still storming here so I am going to distribute flyers for our next class this month which is basic trauma and CPR.

My Mcculloch Timber Bear saw was acting up this past weekend, wouldn't oil and the manual pump wasn't delivering oil to the chain either. Took a look and multiple issues, plugged bar, cleaned that out, still had the issue so emptied the oil resevoir and filled with gas, shook that around and manually pumped it through. Drained out gas, now drying overnight and will fill with oil and test today. The oiler pump is buried in the saw, and even though I have a spare parts saw I don't know if it's oil pump is good so I'm hoping what I've done fixed it.

The daughter looked out the back windows towards the lake and saw a very big coyote cross the back yard. She said it was almost as big as her old dog, mostly a wolf and some husky. She said she was surprised how big it was, I'll shoot it if I see it, will definitely eat any of our 4 dogs.

Well top o the morning to all you push button, cable wrangling folks. I swear they breed like rabbits, every time I look up there is another one. They got me surrounded. We got mountain crushers, ski bunnies and coffee loungers all in one This morning. Frozen Four is coming if you want to see some serious crashes! still storming here so I am going to distribute flyers for our next class this month which is basic trauma and CPR.
On a different note, were you saying you're in the market for a new saw? When my tree guy (only for trees too close to house for me to drop) came back by for payment I showed him my stuck McCulloch, he said he couldn't believe how old it was, recommended something in the 300 series (Stihl) but I keep seeing some scary reviews on certain models, pretty consistent too like on the 391 with engine issues.

Jeezz.. i have a buddy in north dakota... it's gonna be 70 here in detroit today. but in ND he might miss work due to snow... been trying to get him out of that state..
What part of North Dakota your friend in ?

Trade ND for Detroit?! Heck no, no offense

On a different note, were you saying you're in the market for a new saw? When my tree guy (only for trees too close to house for me to drop) came back by for payment I showed him my stuck McCulloch, he said he couldn't believe how old it was, recommended something in the 300 series (Stihl) but I keep seeing some scary reviews on certain models, pretty consistent too like on the 391 with engine issues.
Buy an 880 or 660 Stihl

Man busy Sat have to pick up the spring fish order (minnows) Finally the kid is moving out with his "other" And the daughter and step? grandson are coming over for the spring cleanup for me. Small trees, brush etc. Dam I have to get my old *** sears chain saw going dont think the pole saw will do it.

He lives up in Langdon... He grew up in Montana and moved to ND to be around people i think :) I have been trying to find him a job here so he can have weed and less snow :)
He's about 50 miles East of me. I Use to work for a trucking company in Langdon.

He's about 50 miles East of me. I Use to work for a trucking company in Langdon.
Nice.. he works for some TV station there.. I love sending him articles when other states legalize weed and ND is like NO!!! We can't cause no reason :)

Nice.. he works for some TV station there.. I love sending him articles when other states legalize weed and ND is like NO!!! We can't cause no reason :)
Yea pretty old school here still, took me a long time to get use to the slower pace after moving here from Washington State.

Since I really do not do any heavy cutting anymore I saw no need to spend a lot of money. I bought a Stihl 250. It has preformed well thus far and done everything I need it to. The repair cost to my big husky was just over 200 in parts alone plus how ever many hours I was going to invest in the repair. And still have a twenty some year old saw when done. I picked up the 250 for just under 400 bucks. The equivalent saw to my husky was 900 dollars now. Admittedly a much heavier better saw but I simply do not use them like that anymore.

New brand for me
s-l1600.jpg

If any one need one I just scored some 55KV 1.5 ohm coils black. Freaking hot spark for sure tested one fast yesterday.

If I was falling big trees maybe, think they have the wrap around handle etc., too much saw, looking at 55/59cc, thanks though.
I really like the Husqvarnas in that range. I have a 359E which I ported and swapped out the muffler on which screams with up to a 24 inch bar, I run a 20.

And then I have a 365 Farm and Ranch with a 20 inch bar as well.

Both these saws are pushing 15 years old and have cut a literal crap ton into of wood. Probably 30-40 ricks a year up until 2021 when we switched to propane

Since I really do not do any heavy cutting anymore I saw no need to spend a lot of money. I bought a Stihl 250. It has preformed well thus far and done everything I need it to. The repair cost to my big husky was just over 200 in parts alone plus how ever many hours I was going to invest in the repair. And still have a twenty some year old saw when done. I picked up the 250 for just under 400 bucks. The equivalent saw to my husky was 900 dollars now. Admittedly a much heavier better saw but I simply do not use them like that anymore.
I am looking in that size as well, Farm Boss etc. Need a 20 inch bar to replace with same size as what I had. We maintain the road here and big trees have gone down across it, also on my property. I don't like the idea of a heavier saw but want enough power to not bog it down when dealing with big stuff.

I really like the Husqvarnas in that range. I have a 359E which I ported and swapped out the muffler on which screams with up to a 24 inch bar, I run a 20.

And then I have a 365 Farm and Ranch with a 20 inch bar as well.

Both these saws are pushing 15 years old and have cut a literal crap ton into of wood. Probably 30-40 ricks a year up until 2021 when we switched to propane
That's right around the size and power I'm looking at if I have to replace. Anything over that size quickly goes to $1200 which I don't want to spend. There is a 400 model with a magnesium piston but I think they only recommend an 18 inch bar so a bit too small but I like the weight.

-
Back