Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am looking in that size as well, Farm Boss etc. Need a 20 inch bar to replace with same size as what I had. We maintain the road here and big trees have gone down across it, also on my property. I don't like the idea of a heavier saw but want enough power to not bog it down when dealing with big stuff.
372 might be another option. It weighs what the 359 does but has 30 percent more power. Plenty for a 20 inch bar in hardwoods

That's right around the size and power I'm looking at if I have to replace. Anything over that size quickly goes to $1200 which I don't want to spend. There is a 400 model with a magnesium piston but I think they only recommend an 18 inch bar so a bit too small but I like the weight.
You plan on cutting a bunch of wood or just here and there? The 400 series are light duty cycle saws.

That said, the 460 Rancher models are around 500 new and are pretty decent.

You can also look at Echo, they have decent saws in that range and have the best warranty in the industry. 5 years no questions asked. I have a CS410 that runs an 18 that is my go to saw for yard work. Light and powerful .

The CS450 Timberwolf is about 600 new and despite being a smaller Cc, it will run a 24 inch bar just fine

Good morning. Heading to the dentist for a cleaning this morning. So won't be much project progeress if any. I did take tomorrow and friday off for an extra long weekend. We don't get an Easter holiday. We voted to use the day for July 4th instead. It's a Tuesday this year, so they were giving us Monday off. Now that will be a 4 day weekend as well. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That’s what I envisioned with mine originally but where I stumbled was the shoulder bar. Could only see my kids faces bouncing off of it in a crash.
Kids would need to be buckled up. Shoulder harness of some flavor would keep their faces from the shoulder bar. But, then the down bars towards the truck from main hoop will need to be sorted too.

I recall one saw a guy had. Jonsereds, souped up with a 50 or 60 inch bar. Said it was for slashing the pile. Aparrently you rode that one across the pile. This area had a lot of pulpwood cutters until they closed the paper mill.lots of antique saws in the area too.

You plan on cutting a bunch of wood or just here and there? The 400 series are light duty cycle saws.

That said, the 460 Rancher models are around 500 new and are pretty decent.

You can also look at Echo, they have decent saws in that range and have the best warranty in the industry. 5 years no questions asked. I have a CS410 that runs an 18 that is my go to saw for yard work. Light and powerful .

The CS450 Timberwolf is about 600 new and despite being a smaller Cc, it will run a 24 inch bar just fine
I cut a cord or 2 a year at most, Have a Ryobi 18" I'm pretty happy with. I'd say it starts easier and runs better than the few Craftsman saws gone through over the years.

New one stop shop idea at the grocery store.

nc_ohc=9v854dtfDN8AX_LVk71&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-3.jpg

Had a Crapsman once ,what apiece junk , have an Echo now . Works real well.
I think I had 3 of them over at least 25 years. Biggest issue I had is hard starting and at least one that didn’t like to restart once it was hot. Not sure who made those, probably not even all the same company

I think I had 3 of them over at least 25 years. Biggest issue I had is hard starting and at least one that didn’t like to restart once it was hot. Not sure who made those, probably not even all the same company

My last Craftsman, in the second season, was a struggle to start... broke two pull cords. When the second cord snapped so did I. Holding the bar, I beat it against a tree until there was nothing left but the piece of the bar I was holding.

Some anger challenges there. :lol:

My last Craftsman, in the second season, was a struggle to start... broke two pull cords. When the second cord snapped so did I. Holding the bar, I beat it against a tree until there was nothing left but the piece of the bar I was holding.

Frickin ol' Homelite! :mob: :mob: :rofl:

That’ll fix it! :mob:

I have a Homelite XL Automatic Farm saw. I bought it in 1985 when I bought my property here. Cleared most of the property with it. Originally had a 16-in bar but I put a 20-in bar on it. Plenty of power for the longer bar. Still have that saw. It's the only one I have. And it still runs great. Just keep the chains sharp.

Snow overnight and 12deg this morning, with more snow this evening. We get into the 70s next week though. :thumbsup:

K.. Cam and timing ordered.. i think i'm down to ordering gaskets and a carb/sparkplugs/wires all the little ****...

Still snowing. A foot on the front step. Mom’s move is postponed. Guess im on snow detail for the day.

I have a Homelite XL Automatic Farm saw. I bought it in 1985 when I bought my property here. Cleared most of the property with it. Originally had a 16-in bar but I put a 20-in bar on it. Plenty of power for the longer bar. Still have that saw. It's the only one I have. And it still runs great. Just keep the chains sharp.
I have the same saw. Blue. Sounds like a motorcycle firing it up. Bought a new sthl. Pulls your arm off starting it. POS IMO.

I put a Slinky on the Cardinal feeder pole. We will see if that keeps the squirrels from climbing up.

New carb setup
nc_ohc=2ci2U69nx3QAX8Vs07r&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.jpg

PRODUCT ALERT: In response to engine tuners saying, "it needs more fuel," Edelbrock developed the LSX/VRS-4150 QUAD to handle your fueling needs. Guaranteed to drain your tank as fast as your wallet, this package flows an astounding 7.5 gallons per minute at WOT.

-
Back