Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I doubt we'll make it to the predicted 77° for today, so far 74°. The wind has quieted from the 30mph gusts early this AM. On the way to town this AM I spotted 2 Model A s, one right behind the other :D

I doubt we'll make it to the predicted 77° for today, so far 74°. The wind has quieted from the 30mph gusts early this AM. On the way to town this AM I spotted 2 Model A s, one right behind the other :D
81 here(now). Mowed around house this AM when it was approaching the 70 mark. Trying to stay ahead of the yard work. Didn’t get to the big cedar bush/tree yesterday. But got some other odds and ends cleaned up. Expecting heavy rain late Saturday and probably working till 5, so not likely to get any of my stuff done.

81 here(now). Mowed around house this AM when it was approaching the 70 mark. Trying to stay ahead of the yard work. Didn’t get to the big cedar bush/tree yesterday. But got some other odds and ends cleaned up. Expecting heavy rain late Saturday and probably working till 5, so not likely to get any of my stuff done.
But it's almost daylight until 20:00 :lol:

IMG_20230420_162451358_HDR.jpg
Snow and rain all day here.Do do do lookin out my back door. :thumbsup:

Well I am done, yes I know I am a slacker and did a rough broom finish. But quite honestly I am not that great of a cement finisher, thus the broom finish! Plus I don’t have knee boards etc etc. Just trying to get it done! Great use of a 45 ft trailer bed!

View attachment 1716080510
Looks good to me nice work buddy.

Well I am done, yes I know I am a slacker and did a rough broom finish. But quite honestly I am not that great of a cement finisher, thus the broom finish! Plus I don’t have knee boards etc etc. Just trying to get it done! Great use of a 45 ft trailer bed!

Non skid finish. Perfect!

View attachment 1716080501Snow and rain all day here.Do do do lookin out my back door. :thumbsup:
I feel your pain Fred! As you well know, last winter up there broke Jodi. She looked me in the eye and said no more! She was standing on about a six ft snow ledge busting it off as I carved it out underneath with my snow blower. It was in the neighborhood of ten or fifteen below! I am sun burnt and have already mowed multiple times. I miss your company for sure but I don’t miss the snow and cold!

If your a slacker then I'm true bum. LOL. Other than a good garage floor, motivation for paving is pretty low.

edit. Oh that's the bridge! Duh. Nice!

Could a couple of those pits be detonation?
It is hard saying in the pic if it is detonation or just oil/sludge in the pic as I see it. But it does appear to have impact in the crown from something.

Screenshot_20230420_170936.jpg

Thanks. A long time ago my friend showed me a piston from a motorcycle engine that had hole in it! But the less severe damage I have not seen in person (just photos) so always interested in learning.

OSHA wants to know where the railings are

:lol:

Thanks. A long time ago my friend showed me a piston from a motorcycle engine that had hole in it! But the less severe damage I have not seen in person (just photos) so always interested in learning.
Everything I look at all day is broken in some way. I could share some detonation pics if you wish. Maybe some from rapid unplanned self disassembly? Maybe something from a rapid expansion of flammable air that led to a thermal event? Ventilation?

It wouldn't take much of a tear. Might just be the picture, but what is going on here?

View attachment 1716080449
Just residue oil
and it appears to have been ingesting water from the flash rust in the cylinder

View attachment 1716080450

and, this piston crown appears to be steam cleaned of the carbon. Sign there was water present during combustion

View attachment 1716080451
Agreed ^ but the head isn’t steam cleaned. Not the injector
Could a couple of those pits be detonation?
In a diesel that would be rare

To hold the loose gravel in place. MULCH GLUE is your friend.

I think broom is the perfect finish. Don’t need anyone sliding off.

-
Back