Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thanks. I wanted to get them from a shop that deals with race parts, etc. instead of having some kid at a tire place damage the wheel. They are going to mount and balance them for me as well and they are only about 30 minutes from me.
Those aluminum are so easy to mount. Lube the beads and often times literally throw them on. Sometimes hard to inflate though depending on the tire size and rim width. Most don't have a sharp enough lip on them for balancing and you need tape weights. The new balancers do a good job with tape weights if they are used right.

9EXK8_AA01_1200x1200.jpg

24449.jpg

Couldn't find photo of those stretchy rubber donuts we used for fat tires and wheels when seating the bead. :BangHead:
That blaster works well. Uses much air in the process. One hand to hold it and the other for operating the valve, necessary safety feature.
Use lotsa water soluble lube

View attachment 1716082271

View attachment 1716082272
Couldn't find photo of those stretchy rubber donuts we used for fat tires and wheels when seating the bead. :BangHead:
That blaster works well. Uses much air in the process. One hand to hold it and the other for operating the valve, necessary safety feature.
Use lotsa water soluble lube
When I worked at Pennys, we had 3 steel rings 13,14,and15" they were 6" tall and had soft closed cell foam on the inside. Lube them up, slide them over the rim and push them against the bead. They took up the void between the bead and the rim. A little air and they would seal right up. Haven't seen them since. That was back in 74.

When I worked at Pennys, we had 3 steel rings 13,14,and15" they were 6" tall and had soft closed cell foam on the inside. Lube them up, slide them over the rim and push them against the bead. They took up the void between the bead and the rim. A little air and they would seal right up. Haven't seen them since. That was back in 74.
We’re talking tires, not your bra size haha

They looked similar to these. https://www.alltiresupply.com/products/rema-rubber-insert-for-rema-tire-bead-seater-pump-rings?currency=USD&variant=39985099735114&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw9J2iBhBPEiwAErwpeXi6loWi2JBXBwdztjIpavEgECecK5pneKVjm1hJuOBogsHEozjk6hoCSicQAvD_BwE

Screenshot_20230425_191656_Chrome.jpg

No, there is not one on the bell housing.
Something like that sure would have made that Olds alum V-8 install in the '66 Datsun truck easier :lol: Heck, we were just kids, we needed the experience :lol:. Mock up the position of the motor in the chassis, make templates for the mounts, hope they work when the steel was cut :lol:.

Good morning Boys. Played with some tubing last night. Got some sections tacked in to start getting a feeling for floor layout. Jefferson Car Show and Swap is this weekend. 2nd largest in the state. Looking forward to hanging out with Dad @Just Ron on Friday looking at parts and junk. Supposed to be 67⁰ and partly cloudy.

-
Back