Stop in for a cup of coffee

-

this is the tip, I heard the lock and lube stuff isn't that good tho. I know I don't have access like shown here, need a right angle or something to come in not parallel to mower deck

Looked like they edited out actually removing the first one. Probably had to hit it with a hammer. LOL

The one I pictured is a little messy but it get's the job done. Screw a zerk into the end and you can snap it onto your grease gun coupler.
Never used a slide on type like that. The regular 90s work OK. But if it’s your own equipment, I would change th fitting to a 45 or 90. The it’s greasable with a straight tip.

I would like a cordless grease gun. I have a pistol grip one but the cordless are so much easier with my 67 year old grip.

I don't think my spindles even have zerks. Especially for home use, a lot of stuff really doesn't need it. Something else goes before the grease. Over years of doing maintenance, I couldn't tell you how many times I have taken something apart to find out it has sealed bearings -after greasing it for years. :BangHead:

342554474_245954007921099_9136155761178205959_n.jpg
About the same here!

I don't think my spindles even have zerks. Especially for home use, a lot of stuff really doesn't need it. Something else goes before the grease. Over years of doing maintenance, I couldn't tell you how many times I have taken something apart to find out it has sealed bearings -after greasing it for years. :BangHead:
I'm not sure why there's zerks on these spindles because I think the bearings might be sealed as well. One thing I know is I've had several spindles fail in 4 years, maybe not that high of a casualty considering all the rocks I've hit so yeah, all the failures weren't the bearings, cracked housings etc.

I'm not sure why there's zerks on these spindles because I think the bearings might be sealed as well. One thing I know is I've had several spindles fail in 4 years, maybe not that high of a casualty considering all the rocks I've hit so yeah, all the failures weren't the bearings, cracked housings etc.
Always bugs me that they do that. I think forcing grease on a sealed bearing adds to the chance of it spinning in the housing. Which is how my previous set of spindles failed. I don't recall if the bearings were open or not.

Always bugs me that they do that. I think forcing grease on a sealed bearing adds to the chance of it spinning in the housing. Which is how my previous set of spindles failed. I don't recall if the bearings were open or not.
I'd like to think if the engineers put a zerk there it served a purpose, then again I see where they put the fittings so there you go

I think today I need to get the rider and push mower out and get them serviced for the season. I sure would like to change the hydrostat oil. I'll have to suck it out. it's non serviceable. :mob: I have one of these. It works great. I use it to change oil in the push mower as well. A lot more fun than trying to get underneath it to get to the drain plug over a drain pan. Push mowers are a pain to change oil in.

fluid evacuator..jpg

I think today I need to get the rider and push mower out and get them serviced for the season. I sure would like to change the hydrostat oil. I'll have to suck it out. it's non serviceable. :mob: I have one of these. It works great. I use it to change oil in the push mower as well. A lot more fun than trying to get underneath it to get to the drain plug over a drain pan. Push mowers are a pain to change oil in.

View attachment 1716082142
Good point, transmission not serviceable on my lawn tractor either, gotta believe you put 300 or more hours on one it couldn't do anything but extend the life of it. I'm looking for a good siphon for my daughters El Camino, so gas and 20 gallons of it. She's not driving it and it's sludging up, she put premium in it as always but not ethanol free, her Holley doesn't like it!

Good morning, sadly the upper control arms are still in the car. I'm going to try better Sawzall blades today and see what happens

-
Back