Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Thames Tuesday!

thamestuesdayVI.jpg

Good morning :D

Morning fellers. I tried to duplicate a Culver's Strawberry Fields salad for Shelley's lunch today. It's pretty close. That one strawberry slice doesn't look good but I double checked it and it's ok.

View attachment 1716082114
With all the rain in SoCal this winter, yeah berries might look a little weird. Big gripe amongst the berry farmers, rain on their berries they don't come out perfectly shapely. Lowers their market prices or worse yet sends the fruit to the freezers and jam peoples, real low prices.

A bit of rain here but we needed it, so I get a nice indoor work day. I got to make some plywood counter tops for big house. The stone for them is 8 weeks out and still in a port in Brazil. I volunteered to go over and supervise as I absolutely love Brazilian women. They are gorgeous. And run ATV wheels into town for new shoes. And no I am not fighting them. The mounting was ”free” with purchase of tires. 80 bucks for fronts and hundred for backs.
We're going to a birthday lunch for my buddy's wife Saturday...she is from Brazil!!:thumbsup:

What I don't like about my JD is how hard it is to grease the zerks on the spindles. You can't get a gun on most of them. I looked at the next line up thinking once my D170 dies I'll address it then, nope, same issue with the next line up. I think a slotted open ended tip is available that gets on there but I'm not sure about adapting it to my grease guns.
They just want to convince you to let them service it. :mad:

Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well. Been crazy busy all morning. Too many big shots around with this current engine. What did I miss?

They just want to convince you to let them service it. :mad:
I've had the deck off, changed blades, spindles, belt, oil changes. Think it's going to need some steering work next, couple joints (cue ?). Also gonna need new rubber next season. When I told them I had ripped some of the baffles out of the deck (finding rocks/roots) I priced the deck, about a grand. They wanted to upgrade me into the X series but that has the same crappy non accessible grease fittings, engineers didn't address it on new model.

Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well. Been crazy busy all morning. Too many big shots around with this current engine. What did I miss?
Eric hello. Not sure what you missed, been in and out. I did look up that Mopar mag your car is in, was that the MAR/APR issue or will it be MAY/JUN?

Parts aren't cheap. A filter and 3 quarts of hydraulic oil $62 with tax. I thought the filter was spendy but they are $6 more on Amazon. I see a "kit" on
E bay is $71. I didn't do too bad at the dealer for $62

Not uncommon for the USN wingnutz to play at our local airport. Last couple weeks been sorta quiet, weather related my guess. F-whatevers are very common, then it was the Ospreys, this week we got

th?id=OIP.jpg
:lol:
I hope Pepper Garcia's restaurant at the airport was prepared, a load that sized gonna take a lotta Margaritas :lol:

Vandenberg SFB gonna be a busy place. SpaceX tomorrow and Saturday. 8 more in the next few weeks of various varieties. :eek: :D
Looks like my concrete at SLC 6 got leased to SpaceX :wtf: For that bigass new one they just blew up maybe?

Vandenberg SFB gonna be a busy place. SpaceX tomorrow and Saturday. 8 more in the next few weeks of various varieties. :eek: :D
Looks like my concrete at SLC 6 got leased to SpaceX :wtf: For that bigass new one they just blew up maybe?
Heard about the SpaceX rocket, didn't see.

Eric hello. Not sure what you missed, been in and out. I did look up that Mopar mag your car is in, was that the MAR/APR issue or will it be MAY/JUN?
Mopar Action had MCACN show coverage their June 2023 issue. The Chrysler Power mag has MCACN show coverage in their March/April issue. No features on my car, just show coverage.

Heard about the SpaceX rocket, didn't see.
SpaceX has leased SLC 6 at VSFB for it's Falcon 9 program. They have 2 launch pads at SLC 4 for the Falcons already. SLC 6 was modified for the Space Shuttle in the 80s. With all the Shuttles being parked they remodeled it for the Saturn Vs. Launched the last of those last fall. Now SLC 6 is Elon's new beach front property. From the report I read about the damage that Starship launch did on their launch pad in Texas, they're gonna need a complex like SLC 6.

My lawnmower spindles get 3 pumps whenever i remember. Too much will pop the seals and dust gets in. At $100 apiece i try not to abuse em. But the chunk of firewood broke 2 in one pass. My fault for not seeing it i guess. Buddy processed about 4 cords and did a poor job of cleaning up.

Firebird door looks a lot better now, body line is good. Sadly, there will need to be a little filler now. So be it

Mopar Action had MCACN show coverage their June 2023 issue. The Chrysler Power mag has MCACN show coverage in their March/April issue. No features on my car, just show coverage.
I was watching Rudy's world YouTube the other night and his coverage had a couple shots of your car. At 13:20 :thumbsup:

I was watching Rudy's world YouTube the other night and his coverage had a couple shots of your car. At 13:20 :thumbsup:

Thanks Scott. Yes I caught thought. Made it in a couple of the videos, none of Ian or Bob Ashton's but that is ok.

For the rest of the Coffee Shop...

This is Scott. He just got his hands on a 1969 Dart with a tunnel ram Hemi 4pd. awesome time capsule!!!

Thanks Scott. Yes I caught thought. Made it in a couple of the videos, none of Ian or Bob Ashton's but that is ok.

For the rest of the Coffee Shop...

This is Scott. He just got his hands on a 1969 Dart with a tunnel ram Hemi 4pd. awesome time capsule!!!
Thanks Eric! Looking forward to hanging out :thumbsup:

So, to work on the Charger tonight or no. That is the question. I really need to play with the tubing notcher at least. Gotta get the console bars and dash bar in to work on the floor. I did buy 2 sheets of 18ga sheet metal to help putting it back together.

-
Back