Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
According to Wiki, Chrysler quit using Slantys in the states in '87, but continued to build them until 2000 for marine, industrial, and replacement needs. Never got to the EFI stage. :(
Too bad. The EFI straight 6's were golden.

Well picked up 3 of the new wheels and tires today. One wheel was damaged when we opened the box, another one is ordered and should be in Tuesday. Seems that is how things go nowadays. Also received my shocks from Summit and as I do sometimes, jumped the gun. Eric mentioned the correct bushing size for both ends in my thread and I didn't pay attention. The top bushing is too small. I should have just bought these like I was told.............. I am learning :thumbsup:

Too bad those shocks would come in handy. The dart,barracuda and Fargo all use the same shock. Wait, i think Barracuda has new shocks. Hmmm, got me thinking.

Ordered tires for the kid’s car. $600. Ordered 2 tires for Fargo,$550.
Priced 245/60-14’s for Studebaker,$280 apiece….

You're in machinist jail huh?

Is that kinda like paint jail?
That would be my trade paint and body jail.
You guys have to give some of us that really want to do a good job on your car some credit. First of all I worked in a production shop for over 45 years Did lots of restorations and seen cars come in to the shop that was in primer ready for paint. Yea no! Had a 56 Ford pick up they duck taped a hole in the cab and filled it with bondo. Boss said paint it and I said no. Lost my *** on that job but welded in all the **** the guy filled in with bondo and made a fine ride out of that truck. The list goes on with people not wanting to fix things right on there old cars. I have my pride on my work but getting paid by the job not the hour on restorations I just stopped doing any.
I'm not the best by far but I care and yea paint jail for us trying to do good work and feed our family working by the job not getting paid by the hour on restoratiations sucks.
Some shops do take advantage of there customers and the body paint guy but like you guys there are some of us that care.

You guys have to give some of us that really want to do a good job on your car some credit. First of all I worked in a production shop for over 45 years Did lots of restorations and seen cars come in to the shop that was in primer ready for paint. Yea no! Had a 56 Ford pick up they duck taped a hole in the cab and filled it with bondo. Boss said paint it and I said no. Lost my *** on that job but welded in all the **** the guy filled in with bondo and made a fine ride out of that truck. The list goes on with people not wanting to fix things right on there old cars. I have my pride on my work but getting paid by the job not the hour on restorations I just stopped doing any.
I'm not the best by far but I care and yea paint jail for us trying to do good work and feed our family working by the job not getting paid by the hour on restoratiations sucks.
Some shops do take advantage of there customers and the body paint guy but like you guys there are some of us that care.
Yep I’m not gonna pressure this guy too much. He is pulling out the stops to try and solve the riddle. He’s got a good rep so I’ll let him do his thing

So no takers for free shocks? Fit A body, any year. Nothing wrong with them.....KYB gas adjust.....just flat rate box shipping cost...

So no takers for free shocks? Fit A body, any year. Nothing wrong with them.....KYB gas adjust.....just flat rate box shipping cost...
I don’t have a need for them , I’m all coil overs but if no one else bites…

According to Wiki, Chrysler quit using Slantys in the states in '87, but continued to build them until 2000 for marine, industrial, and replacement needs. Never got to the EFI stage. :(
Seen one in a late 90s fork tractor that ran on propane

Had a great time with Dad today. My boys 460 heads just got finished at the machine shop. Thankfully I dodnt find anything for me today, just spent all my money to pick those up. Only took 6 weeks or so for a valve job

20230428_154355.jpg

Had a great time with Dad today. My boys 460 heads just got finished at the machine shop. Thankfully I dodnt find anything for me today, just spent all my money to pick those up. Only took 6 weeks or so for a valve job

View attachment 1716083595
Think for me as I'm sure it is for your dad there is nothing better than spending time together with my kids.

Firebird has been here 18 months. I simply dont have the space to do this scale of work.
Upholsterer has had the seats and headliner just as long. So i dont feel bad about being this slow.
I charge by the hour,averaging 10 hours a week or less.

Good Morning. Maybe no rain today. Hope yesterday's rain didn't wash away all of the seed I got down.

-
Back