Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I guess the easiest thing would be label and remove everything and go from there.
Yep that's what I did when I took my dash out and apart to repaint. Lots of pictures also to show how things fit.
I had a bed in the extra bedroom covered with mark parts.
I put the dash panel on the kitchen table for two months. My wife is a saint!!

Scott I would check to see if your brakes are factory stock or not first. if so easy get a kit. If not alot of the "main" stuff should be the same and can be ordered separately. Thats where you have to start. Or just get a few rolls of Nicrome 1/8 and 3/16 and gravel guard and fabricate new ones. Really your call. Rubber also! And do not use dot 5 unless all the rubber is changed out also. All of it lines, master, wheel cyl etc. Hard parts like drums shoes etch Craig @mobileparts parts prob has them OEM.

Scott I would check to see if your brakes are factory stock or not first. if so easy get a kit. If not alot of the "main" stuff should be the same and can gbe ordered seperately. Thats where you have to start. Ir just get a roll of Nicrome and gravel guard and fabricate new ones. Really your call.
Thanks Ray, yeah the biggest thing is what is stock and what was changed..................First thing is to take everything apart and see what I am working with.

What are you trying to do Scotty? Are you looking to do a full restoration or fix what is broken?

Thanks Ray, yeah the biggest thing is what is stock and what was changed..................First thing is to take everything apart and see what I am working with.
Probably the best idea. I would doubt that car is totally stock brake wise. Craig can help you out with numbers if needed IDing them. Also a IPB is great also for what is stock.

What are you trying to do Scotty? Are you looking to do a full restoration or fix what is broken?

Also you have to watch brake shoe material with the older metal. Todays will just eat up te drums. Seriously asked Craig about it I was skeptical also till we talked a hour over it and why. He will be at Carlisle in July. Known him for a while now.

Last edited:
I ordered a Master from Classic industries, it will be here today. Hopefully it is correct.
Put a wish list together lots of cheaper places than Classic. Weatherstripping Rock Auto in the universal section. They sell it all by the foot 1/4 the retail prices.

Yes 4 wheel drums all around. Here are the fronts and a pic of the master.

IMG_7145.JPG

IMG_8246.JPG

I have some NORS voltage regulators also right now. Yours probably works fine though. What is stamped on the drum 10"?

-
Back