Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
@fatoldguy, I got the M/T/? I was assuming manual transmission. Now I see the difference. I need to get the correct one like you posted.

Better Pic

342011659_3479995382283945_2029554737252795210_n.jpg

Hey guys. So. Funny thing. For unknown reason my 408 has developed a acceleration bog off idle. Fully disassembled the carb. Cleaned. I never fine tuned this carb. Has orange cam. And unknown nozzle. Stamped 18. Holly start at 25. Hmmm. Any ideas? Runs great there then that. I did not really notice bog before rust issue...but I really never looked. I was driving pretty easy
Any play between the arm that rocks between the cam and pump? (not sure how to name it..) only takes a little to give a bog..

Any play between the arm that rocks between the cam and pump? (not sure how to name it..) only takes a little to give a bog..
Primary pump adjustment. With a throttle wide open, and hold the actual pump in, should be about 15,000 clearance, between the arm where contacts the pump

Primary pump adjustment. With a throttle wide open, and hold the actual pump in, should be about 15,000 clearance, between the arm where contacts the pump
The fuel shot, seems to hit all at once, AND the spring does not compress.....at all. Fuel just sprays out all at once....I'm thinking the nozzle , when I cleaned it with orifice tools, reemed out the holes to much. And the nozzle is stamped 18, while holley states the nozzles start at 25. Hmmmm

I got a new starter relay and it is different from the one on the car now. It is missing a blade, where this blue wire is connected and then connected on the wheel well. Do I not need this on the new one? Thanks

View attachment 1716085649
There’s two different styles. You need to match the part number off the old one.

Thanks Chris!
I’m not sure what exactly the driving factor is between the two but my original Polara harness, which had been converted to electronic ignition, had one without the ground. When I converted the entire chassis harness back to original with an NOS harness and converted back to points, it required the extra ground. But yet my 74 dart with electronic ignition had the extra prong for the ground.

Busy day just like I like them.
A beautiful day here 70's sunny and no wind.
Wife talked me into going to the range and hitting balls this morning.
With the great weather it turned into a nine hole walk and lunch.
Came home and spent a few hours burning brush and moving cut wood to a couple piles.
After we sat out on the back deck enjoying the beauty, peace, and quiet with a toddy or two.
It doesn't get much better!!

-
Back