Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Pretty sure I'm older than most of you guys at age 66. I just look young. Kkkkkkk or maybe it's the younger women keeping me young.kkkkkkkk :rofl:
I have five years on you Mitch ! My wife is one year younger than me , maybe I should get a younger one ... Naw !

Squirt a little oil in the cylinder and check again. If it stays low probably the valve . If it goes up you are sealing the rings , should go up.
Valve stem seal. The rattling pcv valve is clue to me....easier to fix then rings....fingers crossed

I have five years on you Mitch ! My wife is one year younger than me , maybe I should get a younger one ... Naw !
Why not? I traded in my last wife for a newer model. The last one is 65 now , And it was her choice to divorce. This one is 38.... :thumbsup: :rofl:

Grr.. running motorhome 440 with trans for $650 near me... i sooo shoulda went big block :(

OMG it’s actually raining! Wasn’t sure it was ever going to happen again. Lol. Was spotty on the drive to work. Just parked and wind picked up, followed by a downpour. Wife said it started with a coating of small hail at the house… Getting at least enough to rinse the dust off everything and water the brown grass. :thumbsup:

Where's that 62 Valiant 4dr that I saw for 5K? It soooo needs that 440 :lol:
I always make the wrong choice.. that 440 would make more power for $650 than the 5k i will have in this small block... shoulda gave up on keeping the pushbutton, it's been a pain in the ***

Well, I got it out of there. The clutch is still in it. Might at least change the clutch today, but I'll wait until tomorrow to put the transmission back in it. I ain't on nobody's time clock. Kkkkkkkkkkkk
PXL_20230606_185551639.jpg

PXL_20230606_185603757.jpg

PXL_20230606_185611839.jpg

Well I had to implement some farmineering. I added one vertical post for some additional handrail support that I did not have in my BOM. Thus I was short one 12 ft 4x4. I had a ten footer but that does not leave me a couple of feet in the ground with cement. Keep in mind our place is a solid hour from lumber store. I went with what I had! Drilled in some carriage bolts as rebar, made a form box out of plywood drops, dumped in a bag of mortar mix and some rocks and boom we got r done.

IMG_3962.jpeg

Grr.. running motorhome 440 with trans for $650 near me... i sooo shoulda went big block :(
That’s kind of what happened to me.

My dart started life with a slant 6, running and driving. But I wanted a v8. So a buddy of mine who later got killed in a motorcycle crash donated a 318 that came out of a running but smokey rat rod. Found the cylinder walls cracked. Was gonna sleeve it when a saw a Facebook add for a big block Pontiac that didn’t make sense. It was a 440 , guy had bought a house and it was in the garage. He thought it was a 455 cause the previous owner had left behind a 77 trans am hood that said 455. But the pictures I knew was a 440. Anyway, 200 bucks later I had me a 440 albeit with a spun number 5.

So the dart became a big block project fast. Then it mission creeped from there

So i need to fix up my kubota, needs a better seat. I have a better seat. But mounts are damaged. Would have to take it apart to weld it. Thinkin pop rivets or something. Wife comes home and hands me this.early birthday present.

image.jpg

got 1 LCA apart... getting the pin out was 10x harder than the sleeve. but no biggy.. I assume all of the plate kits for LCA are pretty much the same or does someone make better?

So i need to fix up my kubota, needs a better seat. I have a better seat. But mounts are damaged. Would have to take it apart to weld it. Thinkin pop rivets or something. Wife comes home and hands me this.early birthday present.

View attachment 1716099190
Ok that’s some swanky right there! She did good!

found em.. will need to find some other stuff to order since i'm doing it anyway..

Might order the cut to fit pushrods also since i need a set.. not sure how hard it is to get a square cut on them though.. I think 3/8 will work with my setup and never give me a issue. same price as 5/16.. will research tomorrow

Made it home an hour ago from Pittsburgh and really wanted to meet up with some of you out that way but with the wedding took all my time and then the unexpected having to buy new tires and front end alignment cut me short on money.
Found nothing but good people in my travels and PA. is a great place but no straight roads in Pittsburgh or surrounding area and everyone is at least 10 mph over the speed limit. You all out there are great but think instead of driving a car or truck ya need a go cart to drive around town.

-
Back