Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning guys it's our two-year anniversary of when we took ownership of our house. I remember that day I had six contractors lined up to come in for estimates. It's been a journey we've made 100's of changes to the house and property to make it what we wanted it to be for us. It decided to do it all up front and then just enjoy the creation and we are.
Having sat on your porch and pondered life with you and your bride I would have to say all the delays and turmoil was worth it. The house is stunning. I can’t wait to take a look at the newly renovated downstairs. Backing a large trailer down your drive can be a bit daunting tho, man it is narrow! Hah! Keeps the riff raff out!

Plus I really want to focus on this side gig business as well which has potential

Morning guys it's our two-year anniversary of when we took ownership of our house. I remember that day I had six contractors lined up to come in for estimates. It's been a journey we've made 100's of changes to the house and property to make it what we wanted it to be for us. It decided to do it all up front and then just enjoy the creation and we are.
Happy house anniversary

Hey John . How is the pup doing?
She has rapidly become a sixty pound lap dog. I had to overcome the physical abuse from previous owner and I did that with compassion and attention. I have created a snuggling monster! Hah! She goes everywhere with me, much to Hemis chagrin. Hemi can no longer keep up with daily farm activities but the pup is by my side all day. She is going to turn out to be a great dog. We are working on hand signals now. Basically, if she can see me she obeys. I do not think she has a mean bone in her body.

She has rapidly become a sixty pound lap dog. I had to overcome the physical abuse from previous owner and I did that with compassion and attention. I have created a snuggling monster! Hah! She goes everywhere with me, much to Hemis chagrin. Hemi can no longer keep up with daily farm activities but the pup is by my side all day. She is going to turn out to be a great dog. We are working on hand signals now. Basically, if she can see me she obeys. I do not think she has a mean bone in her body.
Sure miss spoiling Hemi.

Very true. And yeah 3 jobs within 2 years might look bad long term
I job hoped a lot after leaving the textile mill. I stayed there 10 years. Afterwards I would get bored with a job after about 4 years.
My younger brother has been with Bosch 35 years. During that time he had been approached/courted by several others. Every one of them required relocation. Local family is probably the main reason he stayed here at local Bosch plant. He would tell you he has no regrets.

You could casually mention that you have a real tempting offer. Maybe they will give you an increase in wages
Okay old wise farts, I mean guys :lol:

Dilemma: I received a new job offer… this one increase my pay by 40 percent base pay and up to additional 20 percent of base pay in bonuses. However, despite initially being told it was hybrid, it’s not. It’s on site about a 1.25 hours away(current job is 2.25 hrs away each way but only on site two days a week). We lost our daycare abruptly due to retirement last month. Haven’t been able to source new and honestly, I don’t think we want too. There’s also some travel within the Midwest involved

Wife was onboard at first, now is not. Says it’ll take too much time away from home and not worth it.

I’m torn. The money increase is life changing for sure. But it would be a a sacrifice of family time. Plus I leave tomorrow for up 3 weeks for Uncle Sam medical ****

Just seeing the I95 update on news. Down to half the girders on what was the better side. The attention thing looks good for contractors right now. But being live streamed through the entire rebuild? No pressure... :BangHead:

Just seeing the I95 update on news. Down to half the girders on what was the better side. The attention thing looks good for contractors right now. But being live streamed through the entire rebuild? No pressure... :BangHead:
Worst part, will have to have portapotty just to pee.

Someone mentioned the glass.
1686835826177.png

Okay old wise farts, I mean guys :lol:

Dilemma: I received a new job offer… this one increase my pay by 40 percent base pay and up to additional 20 percent of base pay in bonuses. However, despite initially being told it was hybrid, it’s not. It’s on site about a 1.25 hours away(current job is 2.25 hrs away each way but only on site two days a week). We lost our daycare abruptly due to retirement last month. Haven’t been able to source new and honestly, I don’t think we want too. There’s also some travel within the Midwest involved

Wife was onboard at first, now is not. Says it’ll take too much time away from home and not worth it.

I’m torn. The money increase is life changing for sure. But it would be a a sacrifice of family time. Plus I leave tomorrow for up 3 weeks for Uncle Sam medical ****
Never leave an unhappy wife at home.....

MAN FALL BACK ASLEEP FOR A FEW HOURS AND TWO PAGES i AINT GOING TO BACKREAD!!!!

Last edited:
Its at Matts, Sounds like it. They tried turning the engine with the belt off, no go. Ask her if any lights came on, just changed the oil when Matt had it and she said yes the headlights since it was raining. Man my life! Glad I have towing on the insurance, almost paid for the tow. Put it on them all just $2 a year.

Last edited:
Finally got all the handrail posts in place. With appropriate gap for shooting bench incorporated into hand rail. The two posts sticking up on the backside are the beginning of the heckle bench. That is where spectators sit and heckle the shooter. Down below I have a bunch of the X bracing mitered and stuffed and wedged or staged for install.

IMG_3982.jpeg

IMG_3983.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg

Its at Matts, Sounds like it. They tried turning the engine with the belt off, no go. Ask her if any lights came on, just changed the oil when Matt had it and she said yes the headlights since it was raining. Man my life! Glad I have towing on the insurance, almost paid for the tow. Put it on them all just $2 a year.
Not good.

-
Back