Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
OK boys.... quick trumpet fanfare

We broke 11,000,000 views

Screenshot_20230615_075836_Chrome.jpg

Morning guys it's our two-year anniversary of when we took ownership of our house. I remember that day I had six contractors lined up to come in for estimates. It's been a journey we've made 100's of changes to the house and property to make it what we wanted it to be for us. It decided to do it all up front and then just enjoy the creation and we are.

Just got back from the barber since I was starting to look like a hippie and Jodi is out West visiting her Sister. Say what you want about small town rural America but a haircut is still just ten bucks! Normally Jodi sheep shears me in the kitchen but she ain’t here. No way I am trusting @memike to cut it! Hah
I got the hippie thing covered for you. When I have my intent to retire, I'd had my last haircut. Been nearly 2 years since I've been sheared!

Mornin' java junkies c\_/
This old head could use a haircut too.
I wish the previous owner of this RAM truck had spent a lot of coins at Weather Tech, and others. I see quite a few addons I'd like to have from wheel opening trims to vent visors.

Last edited:
Okay old wise farts, I mean guys :lol:

Dilemma: I received a new job offer… this one increase my pay by 40 percent base pay and up to additional 20 percent of base pay in bonuses. However, despite initially being told it was hybrid, it’s not. It’s on site about a 1.25 hours away(current job is 2.25 hrs away each way but only on site two days a week). We lost our daycare abruptly due to retirement last month. Haven’t been able to source new and honestly, I don’t think we want too. There’s also some travel within the Midwest involved

Wife was onboard at first, now is not. Says it’ll take too much time away from home and not worth it.

I’m torn. The money increase is life changing for sure. But it would be a a sacrifice of family time. Plus I leave tomorrow for up 3 weeks for Uncle Sam medical ****

Dilemma: I received a new job offer… this one increase my pay by 40 percent base pay and up to additional 20 percent of base pay in bonuses. However, despite initially being told it was hybrid, it’s not. It’s on site about a 1.25 hours away(current job is 2.25 hrs away each way but only on site two days a week). We lost our daycare abruptly due to retirement last month. Haven’t been able to source new and honestly, I don’t think we want too. There’s also some travel within the Midwest involved

Wife was onboard at first, now is not. Says it’ll take too much time away from home and not worth it.

I’m torn. The money increase is life changing for sure. But it would be a a sacrifice of family time. Plus I leave tomorrow for up 3 weeks for Uncle Sam medical ****

Quality of life.... ain't no amount of dollars that'll give you back time.

Morning guys it's our two-year anniversary of when we took ownership of our house. I remember that day I had six contractors lined up to come in for estimates. It's been a journey we've made 100's of changes to the house and property to make it what we wanted it to be for us. It decided to do it all up front and then just enjoy the creation and we are.
Good luck. We thought we had it all fingered out but after about 3 years it was, "wish we had done this, and we should have done this."
At 5 years we were remodeling about a 3rd of it. I read or heard we were statistically on par with other homeowners.

Time is the only thing you cannot replace. It is a precious commodity. My view as yet another retired old fat fart is Hard Pass.

First of all it's always important to keep the wife happy.
Another job it seems like you change like the seasons and it's always a majority of the time is money.
I applaud you for wanting to do better but unless you're willing to move just stay a few years where you are.
You seemed to like this place and the management, and the wife is happy. JMO

First of all it's always important to keep the wife happy.
Another job it seems like you change like the seasons and it's always a majority of the time is money.
I applaud you for wanting to do better but unless you're willing to move just stay a few years where you are.
You seemed to like this place and the management, and the wife is happy. JMO
Very true. And yeah 3 jobs within 2 years might look bad long term

Good luck. We thought we had it all fingered out but after about 3 years it was, "wish we had done this, and we should have done this."
At 5 years we were remodeling about a 3rd of it. I read or heard we were statistically on par with other homeowners.
I had a vision for the interior and landscaping and the wife agreed. It turned out great.
Yesterday was the last piece plantation shutters window and door covers in the walk out basement.

-
Back