Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
No idea if its a good idea or not. I haven't followed the saga.

Resurect to me is fixing what's wrong and reincarnating as something close to a factory 2 bbl or 4 bbl.
The 273 guys like TMM can probably guide you on the best part combos.
Finding a cam that might provide more torque or carry higher up in the rpm is reasonable too.

I just saw the cams you posted and and to me those are really high lift, and thats more than a resurect. That's a major hot rodding or racing project. In general the more lift, the high spring pressures and shorter life, but its the risk/price for trying for maximum power.
Thanks Mat

The cams list is more out of ignorance than intent. Going to find something much much closer to stock.. maybe Commando level??

Thanks Mat

The cams list is more out of ignorance than intent. Going to find something much much closer to stock.. maybe Commando level??
Yes.
If you know the pistons, then you or the shop can cc the heads, and with a good valve job can probably squeeze more out of the factory or near factory setup. I don't much about 273 heads. In general the heads are not close to blueprint CC, so another opportunity there.
Hopefully TMM and the otehrs will chime in when they have time.

Yes.
If you know the pistons, then you or the shop can cc the heads, and with a good valve job can probably squeeze more out of the factory or near factory setup. I don't much about 273 heads. In general the heads are not close to blueprint CC, so another opportunity there.
Hopefully TMM and the otehrs will chime in when they have time.
Yea I ditched the 273 in my dart for a teener. Now the 408. Thing is is cost less to rebuild a 318. And can make more power.

Summit Point... right up the road from me..

I'll dig for references on the volume and cam specs. The heads had work done to them previously... haven't been run but was set to go onto a 318 block with purple cam.
I’d look at something similar to the Eddy Performer RPM or just plain Performer cam kits. Both are relatively mild cams designed for stock heads. At least in small block fashion.

Yea I ditched the 273 in my dart for a teener. Now the 408. Thing is is cost less to rebuild a 318. And can make more power.
Which is how I went from slant 6 to 318 to 440… machine costs generally are the same and parts are roughly the same price ranges , but per HP, the 440 was cheaper to build.

Morning!
Not a terrible sleep, but this morning is no fun.
Temp today is mild, hope i can play outside. Rain in forecast but i dont think its going to happen.

Mornin fellers. Looks like we've lost a cat. Tiger got out yesterday and has not come back. She is one of our special needs cats and has only one eye and is losing her hearing. She's an inside only cat, so I don't hold out a lot of hope for her.

Mornin fellers. Looks like we've lost a cat. Tiger got out yesterday and has not come back. She is one of our special needs cats and has only one eye and is losing her hearing. She's an inside only cat, so I don't hold out a lot of hope for her.
Sorry to hear Rob. I lost my Chocolate Lab "Gunner" last year at Mopars of Carlisle, Saturday July 16th 2022 at 11:45 am. Still miss him everyday...

Well good morning all y’all. I think my body is demanding a day of rest, so I will just ride around on the tractor and mow today. It has rained most every day for a week and wet or dry I got to mow. Place is getting out of control. Jodi comes home Monday so got to get the place looking good! And well maybe clean the house a bit!

Today was weigh in day. You may or probably not remember I mentioned a few months ago I was working at shedding some pounds the right way. Since the first of the year, I'm officially down 25 pounds with another 6-8 to go.

A few weeks ago, I went and had a weight body analysis done. It was an interesting process. It's a machine that does an individual analysis of you based on your built weight, muscle, fat, water, etc... It basically kicks the current BMI chart to the curb. Interesting last week the AMA gave a statement saying the BMI standard, we've used for years is flawed because not everyone has a slight body built.

At the time of my test, I was 216 I'm 6'1 broad shoulder built...I'll never been a skinny guy. It gave a result showing I was within 9.9 pounds of my ideal weight based on my body built. I had 101 pounds of muscle with a 18% body fat (40 pounds worth). My segmental lean mass (arms, legs, and trunk) all exceeded 100% which is better than great. Oh, we're definitely made up of water I had 125 pounds of it...interesting.

For those of you that have kept the weight off great. For those like me that have carried a few extra pounds for a few years this wasn't hard to do. I just cut out 80% of the carbs I was eating and within a couple weeks I didn't miss them. I treat myself occasionally and still have a few weekly toddies. I still workout but I've always done that. Just do it you'll feel better and look better.

-
Back