Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thanks for all the Birthday wishes guys. Andy and Emily came over for Suchi and they brought a home baked birthday cake with 1 candle. (Thanks, no need to burn the house down) :lol:

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes guys. Andy and Emily came over for Suchi and they brought a home baked birthday cake with 1 candle. (Thanks, no need to burn the house down) :lol:
Or set the smoke detector off...:lol:

Morning all. Getting my grass cut lol.

IMG_20230617_095649.jpg

Nice day here... time to get some more welding done (after work) almost done with rust repair, just fixing spots in the engine bay now.... Just ordered my dist drive gear/shaft :( tired of spending money.

Today was weigh in day. You may or probably not remember I mentioned a few months ago I was working at shedding some pounds the right way. Since the first of the year, I'm officially down 25 pounds with another 6-8 to go.

A few weeks ago, I went and had a weight body analysis done. It was an interesting process. It's a machine that does an individual analysis of you based on your built weight, muscle, fat, water, etc... It basically kicks the current BMI chart to the curb. Interesting last week the AMA gave a statement saying the BMI standard, we've used for years is flawed because not everyone has a slight body built.

At the time of my test, I was 216 I'm 6'1 broad shoulder built...I'll never been a skinny guy. It gave a result showing I was within 9.9 pounds of my ideal weight based on my body built. I had 101 pounds of muscle with a 18% body fat (40 pounds worth). My segmental lean mass (arms, legs, and trunk) all exceeded 100% which is better than great. Oh, we're definitely made up of water I had 125 pounds of it...interesting.

For those of you that have kept the weight off great. For those like me that have carried a few extra pounds for a few years this wasn't hard to do. I just cut out 80% of the carbs I was eating and within a couple weeks I didn't miss them. I treat myself occasionally and still have a few weekly toddies. I still workout but I've always done that. Just do it you'll feel better and look better.
Do tell how you cut the carbs ? Did you go Fast EFI or Holley Sniper?

Today was weigh in day. You may or probably not remember I mentioned a few months ago I was working at shedding some pounds the right way. Since the first of the year, I'm officially down 25 pounds with another 6-8 to go.

A few weeks ago, I went and had a weight body analysis done. It was an interesting process. It's a machine that does an individual analysis of you based on your built weight, muscle, fat, water, etc... It basically kicks the current BMI chart to the curb. Interesting last week the AMA gave a statement saying the BMI standard, we've used for years is flawed because not everyone has a slight body built.

At the time of my test, I was 216 I'm 6'1 broad shoulder built...I'll never been a skinny guy. It gave a result showing I was within 9.9 pounds of my ideal weight based on my body built. I had 101 pounds of muscle with a 18% body fat (40 pounds worth). My segmental lean mass (arms, legs, and trunk) all exceeded 100% which is better than great. Oh, we're definitely made up of water I had 125 pounds of it...interesting.

For those of you that have kept the weight off great. For those like me that have carried a few extra pounds for a few years this wasn't hard to do. I just cut out 80% of the carbs I was eating and within a couple weeks I didn't miss them. I treat myself occasionally and still have a few weekly toddies. I still workout but I've always done that. Just do it you'll feel better and look better.
That's awesome.. and carbs are key... i went keto (almost no carbs or sugar at all) a few years ago and dropped 50# in like 3 months.. and felt amazing.. i had to stop though i went from 205 to 150# and looked like a skeleton.. felt great though :)

Nice day here... time to get some more welding done (after work) almost done with rust repair, just fixing spots in the engine bay now.... Just ordered my dist drive gear/shaft :( tired of spending money.

Keep at it ...

I'm visiting machine shops next week. Contacted 7... had 1 immediately answer the phone (surprised me) and another respond to my email later in the evening. They're actually about a mile apart from one another. I'm both dreading the price tag and looking forward to getting this thing moving again. If they are 6-8 weeks out on work, that'll get me on a schedule to have the engine bay cleaned up... wiring harness and radiator set and the V8 PUSHBUTTON 904 :D rebuilt and ready... probably do a rebuild on the steering gear as well

Keep at it ...

I'm visiting machine shops next week. Contacted 7... had 1 immediately answer the phone (surprised me) and another respond to my email later in the evening. They're actually about a mile apart from one another. I'm both dreading the price tag and looking forward to getting this thing moving again. If they are 6-8 weeks out on work, that'll get me on a schedule to have the engine bay cleaned up... wiring harness and radiator set and the V8 PUSHBUTTON 904 :D rebuilt and ready... probably do a rebuild on the steering gear as well

Yeah... machine shop i want to use is like 4-5 months out so i plan to do a new bottom end over winter if i can find a 360 roller block.. i don't think i'm actually going to get on the road this year but will see.. i'm moving pretty slow and soo much to do, will chip away at it :)

That's awesome.. and carbs are key... i went keto (almost no carbs or sugar at all) a few years ago and dropped 50# in like 3 months.. and felt amazing.. i had to stop though i went from 205 to 150# and looked like a skeleton.. felt great though :)
I need to try that. How do you count carbs? Did you find a chart or a list?

I need to try that. How do you count carbs? Did you find a chart or a list?
you can look online but it mainly comes down to reading packaging.. they word stuff in ways that can trick you into eating carbs.. when you read people talk about it, they make it sound complicated but it's crazy easy.. just no carbs/sugar.. after a few days your body stops running on sugar and runs on protein and burns all your fat away. PLUS... crazy energy all day and you can eat like a pig non stop and still melt off weight..

I felt like i was 18 again honestly... even started getting random erections which hasn't happened in 35 years... I really need to go back on keto.. sugar addiction is a ****** though.

you can look online but it mainly comes down to reading packaging.. they word stuff in ways that can trick you into eating carbs.. when you read people talk about it, they make it sound complicated but it's crazy easy.. just no carbs/sugar.. after a few days your body stops running on sugar and runs on protein and burns all your fat away. PLUS... crazy energy all day and you can eat like a pig non stop and still melt off weight..

I felt like i was 18 again honestly... even started getting random erections which hasn't happened in 35 years... I really need to go back on keto.. sugar addiction is a ****** though.

Dude...

I am mostly protein, fat and veggie consumer... But when I go off the rails I'll destroy a layer cake or a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting.

The area that keeps me hung up is I enjoy a cocktail at night and I like a beer or 4 after a day in the garage or working in the yard... That's where my carbs come from

BTW.. if anyone actually gets interested lemme know.... i have youtube channels with great keto recipes (the keto chili is damn good and makes like a weeks worth of dinners) also.. great info on the keto reddit

No assholes and good nfo... plus people that lost 100# in like 8 months.. it's really insane how fast weight falls off..

Dude...

I am mostly protein, fat and veggie consumer... But when I go off the rails I'll destroy a layer cake or a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting.

The area that keeps me hung up is I enjoy a cocktail at night and I like a beer or 4 after a day in the garage or working in the yard... That's where my carbs come from
yup... a lot of veggies have a ton of carbs (i love veggies) and beer is a no go at all... you are almost at whats called "Lazy Keto" My problem is chocolate.. and weed.... i spent $80 bucks the other night on amazon cause i was high and wanted junk food.... i'm way out of control.

BTW VW, for things like veggies i would google while in the store to check what has what... you don't have to 100% stop.. just keep it under the amount that will pass 20g carbs for the day. I went straight zero carbs from the start which is a bit hard but it was worth it...
P.S. i deal with **** depression like suicidal **** for 35 years now and it was so bad is why i even tried keto.. within a week i was a different person.. all that bad **** went out of my head. Sugar is horrible stuff..

It's about this simple.. if you read labels..

And this guys channel has a lot of low carb recipes... the chili is easy and good.
You also don't have to quit bread you can make it with almond or coconut floud

1687011956993.png

Yeah.. for me pork steaks are a big thing... they are cheap, i like them more than any beef steak and never get tired of them.. one for dinner and i'm good... i also use a mustard sauce that's amazing instead of my normal baby ray's which is pure sugar..

Yeah.. for me pork steaks are a big thing... they are cheap, i like them more than any beef steak and never get tired of them.. one for dinner and i'm good... i also use a mustard sauce that's amazing instead of my normal baby ray's which is pure sugar..

People shake their head... my daily breakfast is 2 strips of thick cut bacon and 4 eggs... But I do intermittent fasting, only eat 2 meals a day

People shake their head... my daily breakfast is 2 strips of thick cut bacon and 4 eggs... But I do intermittent fasting, only eat 2 meals a day
Yup, i did IF (18/6) and that led me into keto easily.... it's amazing on IF you kind of don't even get hungry anymore after awhile, at least i didn't

-
Back