Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning coffee drinkers, maybe some rain today and tomorrow. Been really dry here. Finally fired up the 59 and 64 Fury’s yesterday, all is good after sitting all winter

Mornin fellers. Looks like we've lost a cat. Tiger got out yesterday and has not come back. She is one of our special needs cats and has only one eye and is losing her hearing. She's an inside only cat, so I don't hold out a lot of hope for her.
Put an open can of food by the door. If her sniffer works she will find her way.

Mornin fellers. Looks like we've lost a cat. Tiger got out yesterday and has not come back. She is one of our special needs cats and has only one eye and is losing her hearing. She's an inside only cat, so I don't hold out a lot of hope for her.
Ahh well hopefully she's just hunkered down close by and comes out this morning.

Ahh well hopefully she's just hunkered down close by and comes out this morning.
Hopefully. No sign yet. We keep a bowl of food out during the day. Were doing it at night until we started seeing FATASS raccoons.

Hopefully. No sign yet. We keep a bowl of food out during the day. Were doing it at night until we started seeing FATASS raccoons.
Had a big *** doe walk up to the koi pond yesterday for a drink.
That's about 30ft from my back door.

Had a big *** doe walk up to the koi pond yesterday for a drink.
That's about 30ft from my back door.
We love wildlife. All of it. Even the "bad" snakes. They all have their place. We have a family of five deer living on the property. I'll try to get some pictures next time they're in the yard. I never know when that is so "proof" is hard to get. LOL

Today was weigh in day. You may or probably not remember I mentioned a few months ago I was working at shedding some pounds the right way. Since the first of the year, I'm officially down 25 pounds with another 6-8 to go.

A few weeks ago, I went and had a weight body analysis done. It was an interesting process. It's a machine that does an individual analysis of you based on your built weight, muscle, fat, water, etc... It basically kicks the current BMI chart to the curb. Interesting last week the AMA gave a statement saying the BMI standard, we've used for years is flawed because not everyone has a slight body built.

At the time of my test, I was 216 I'm 6'1 broad shoulder built...I'll never been a skinny guy. It gave a result showing I was within 9.9 pounds of my ideal weight based on my body built. I had 101 pounds of muscle with a 18% body fat (40 pounds worth). My segmental lean mass (arms, legs, and trunk) all exceeded 100% which is better than great. Oh, we're definitely made up of water I had 125 pounds of it...interesting.

For those of you that have kept the weight off great. For those like me that have carried a few extra pounds for a few years this wasn't hard to do. I just cut out 80% of the carbs I was eating and within a couple weeks I didn't miss them. I treat myself occasionally and still have a few weekly toddies. I still workout but I've always done that. Just do it you'll feel better and look better.
That is so cool Craig. I have always believed that the BMI standard was nonsense. It penalized me for a lifetime of weight lifting. Like you when I moved back home from Fargo I was determined to lose some of the Winter Weight that I gained living up there. I am down to 222-225 on any given day. I was just North of 245 while I was in Fargo. Lord knows I will never diet I just lowered my portion size and cut out nonsense carbs. I still eat bread pasta etc. It was really not that hard I just had to focus. My body feels much better for it. We ain’t getting no younger that’s for sure and dragging around the extra weight is a joint killer plus hard on the hydraulic system. Sounds like a very cool program to assess your bodies specific metrics. I am never gonna be a skinny guy!

Caught a very young kitten in the live trap last fall. It looked just like my cat that I had for 17yrs, didn’t want another so gave it to a farmer that wanted a young cat. Said the older ones he gets wander off. Sent me a pic the other and she has 4 kittens of her own now. Makes me feel good she has a good home

We love wildlife. All of it. Even the "bad" snakes. They all have their place. We have a family of five deer living on the property. I'll try to get some pictures next time they're in the yard. I never know when that is so "proof" is hard to get. LOL
Our grandkids like to play in the creek and ponds so I send every water moccasin I can find to Allah. Our Mal pup is a snake hunting machine. She locates and I dispatch! I don’t mind the others but the water moccasins get dealt with.

well I had a nice night of live entertainment. Followed by a limo. Ride to A/C .
my Buddy John who usually flies me to vegas twice a year took us in the limo to there after the show. He is a big gambler, he always ways comes home a winner when I go.
Good Frtiends like him are rare indeed.

That is so cool Craig. I have always believed that the BMI standard was nonsense. It penalized me for a lifetime of weight lifting. Like you when I moved back home from Fargo I was determined to lose some of the Winter Weight that I gained living up there. I am down to 222-225 on any given day. I was just North of 245 while I was in Fargo. Lord knows I will never diet I just lowered my portion size and cut out nonsense carbs. I still eat bread pasta etc. It was really not that hard I just had to focus. My body feels much better for it. We ain’t getting no younger that’s for sure and dragging around the extra weight is a joint killer plus hard on the hydraulic system. Sounds like a very cool program to assess your bodies specific metrics. I am never gonna be a skinny guy!
Agree we're two peas in a pod when it comes to body build. Funny in the Army my max weight was 203 I always had to tape at weigh in. I never had a problem doing that and for years scored 290 or better out of 300 points on the physical fitness test.
I felt a huge sense of internal relief...finally...when told my ideal weight was 206 and not the 179 the BMI chart showed. Looking at that chart over the years was nothing but frustration and wondering why I could never go that low. Keep doing what your doing!!

Our grandkids like to play in the creek and ponds so I send every water moccasin I can find to Allah. Our Mal pup is a snake hunting machine. She locates and I dispatch! I don’t mind the others but the water moccasins get dealt with.
I don't blame you. When they get close in, I do the same. But as long as they're away from us "in the woods" I leave them be. Besides that, we have several species of snakes including King Snakes and Eastern Indigo Snakes. They all keep bad snakes in check as every venomous snake in North America is on their menu. I know we have at least one family of Eastern Indigo snakes on our property, because I am responsible for putting them there. They and the king snakes are immune to all venomous snakes too, so that's a big plus.

Doc wants me to be at 165lbs, I’m usually a bit over. Problem is most food I like is what I’m not supposed to eat. I have to look twice in the mirror to see myself

John and I with our happy face on. Not sure what we’re drinking…:lol:

02581852-90EB-43A1-9E01-30AF83135123.jpeg

Doc wants me to be at 165lbs, I’m usually a bit over. Problem is most food I like is what I’m not supposed to eat. I have to look twice in the mirror to see myself
Pete you've always look like that skinny guy us other guys despise...haha!!

Well, I'm 6'-2" and at 282 with my overalls and shoes on, but my doctor says all my numbers are good. I'll die when I die, but I'll be eatin food that doesn't taste like cardboard.

Agree we're two peas in a pod when it comes to body build. Funny in the Army my max weight was 203 I always had to tape at weigh in. I never had a problem doing that and for years scored 290 or better out of 300 points on the physical fitness test.
I felt a huge sense of internal relief...finally...when told my ideal weight was 206 and not the 179 the BMI chart showed. Looking at that chart over the years was nothing but frustration and wondering why I could never go that low. Keep doing what your doing!!

Yup... Had a guy in my squad who played college football. Linebacker. They taped him every quarter and tried to put him on the fat-boy program. He could carry a deuce-and-a-half on his back. Huge. Fought the fight but they eventually put him out. Ridiculous.

Well, I'm 6'-2" and at 282 with my overalls and shoes on, but my doctor says all my numbers are good. I'll die when I die, but I'll be eatin food that doesn't taste like cardboard.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”​

― Hunter S. Thompson,

Yup... Had a guy in my squad who played college football. Linebacker. They taped him every quarter and tried to put him on the fat-boy program. He could carry a deuce-and-a-half on his back. Huge. Fought the fight but they eventually put him out. Ridiculous.
Yep when I was on SWAT we had a bunch of small frame guys. They might do more pull ups than me but I could swing a ram or direct a suspect to the ground better than they could. Size in our type operations all require different type people.

-
Back