Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
@halifaxhops a few weeks ago I told you about these for you new distributor storage, this works great, removes moisture and odors. We have a 10 by 14 bald eagle building that seemed to smell like moldy air, we put two in it and with in a week, it was fresh and moisture levels was gone. That one in the picture is in my shop for four days and thats water you see in the bottom bag that was removed from the air.
I forgot all about me telling you about it and took this picture of the name of them

16872150853418440470914754305208.jpg

Last edited:
That sound like my kind of area :thumbsup:

Yes sir, but like said, you can put a nice 318 in there :thumbsup: , 91 318 low mileage roller lifter La motor, I have one set aside. Yep a good pick in my book

Agree :thumbsup::thumbsup:
If I didn't have my 360 and wanted to remove myself from the 65 trans and 273 engine stuff, a 318 la would be my engine choice, a 91 roller with 61 thousand on it and the trans fell in my lap, I got lucky.

Well... I've brought in my Consigliere to work through it. A short term fix will lead to problems in the future. Interim could be another motor but that's money away from what I want... soooo.

This hobby is fun right?

Well... I've brought in my Consigliere to work through it. A short term fix will lead to problems in the future. Interim could be another motor but that's money away from what I want... soooo.

This hobby is fun right?
It's supposed to be.

Machine shop said the only thing more of a PITA for finding parts than an early 273 was..... A Poly..
Ehhh I’d say the only thing harder is a gen 1 hemi parts. Poly parts I can find all day long and twice on Sunday. And really, they’re only marginally more expensive than an LA. I’m fact, with the right part combos, it’ll use LA pistons. The hardest thing to find is intakes, but little known fact is that an LS carb intake will bolt on. As will early Fox body 5.0 GT headers.

In fact, factory gen 3 hemi exhaust manifolds will fit with a bit of massaging of the bolt holes

Gen 1? Hard to believe they made one as small as a 241.

241 red ram.jpg

IMG_20130930_162437.jpg

IMG_20130930_162557.jpg

IMG_20130930_164643.jpg

Last edited:
8.8s can be had for like $100-150... haven't seen a dana that low.. but stronger for sure
Pick a parts around here don’t Distinguish. All rear axles are 150 up to half ton, 200 for 3/4 tons, 300 for 1 ton axles and above.

I paid 175 for my Dana 60 in 2020. It ended up being the thicker Super Dana 60 from a one ton. Another 300 for dr diff axles, 400 for the limited slip. Welded the tubes to the center. And 150 to cut it down. Sold my un touched A body 8.75 for 700 .

Wow, "power your electric choke through a ballast resistor so it doesn't open too fast" :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl:

Wow....I can't keep up with this thread at times. :lol:

Sunk a coffee and nailed some fresh donuts just a few minutes back.....happy now.

Back to micro-managing forums. :poke:

Listening to Ray Stevens 'Misty' ...good times.

Did a little job today. Kubota no start. Puff of smoke and wouldnt crank. Fuse link burned off. Start wire rubbed through and grounded. Found it quick, like a moth to a flame.

-
Back