Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Intermediate that is, for the wife that wants everything! Must be burnished though......in the tower bushing!

Intermediate that is, for the wife that wants everything! Must be burnished though......in the tower bushing!
I called comp cams a few days ago asking about the gear I should be using. They told me a part number which I have from them already. Steel. And the cam is a roller. Hm..

Well, cleaned carb in generator. Thats it, im done. And its 11:00 and already 85 degrees f outside. Will probably hit 95 soon enough.

Well, cleaned carb in generator. Thats it, im done. And its 11:00 and already 85 degrees f outside. Will probably hit 95 soon enough.
least you got something done... when i get out of work it will be 5pm, 87 and humid.. no way i'm doing **** today.. i will be in the basement where it's nice and cool :)

I called comp cams a few days ago asking about the gear I should be using. They told me a part number which I have from them already. Steel. And the cam is a roller. Hm..
FYI: comp cams call center staff don’t know squat. When I called them and came them my kit number to order a timing set, they recommended a 3 bolt set… for a single bolt cam that they made

353831132_644531841036114_8366172832150192160_n.jpg

SOOO... this is a good day.. a buddy of mine does work for a local speed shop that's been around forever, used to be almost all mopar racing but the new owners do more chevy stuff... asked my buddy to see if they had a pig laying around... he just showed up with a free 742 pig with new 4.56s in it..... not the worst day i have had :)
P.S. when did they get so heavy? :)

SOOO... this is a good day.. a buddy of mine does work for a local speed shop that's been around forever, used to be almost all mopar racing but the new owners do more chevy stuff... asked my buddy to see if they had a pig laying around... he just showed up with a free 742 pig with new 4.56s in it..... not the worst day i have had :)
The weight of Car parts is in direct proportion to the age of the car part lifter........It is a rule....
1687284054373.png

Last edited:
The weight of Car parts is in direct proportion to the age of the car part lifter........It is a rule....
hahah i was like OMG WTF carrying it into my shop.... wish i had it when the rear end was still out... I think i will need new axles and backing plates to run it.. but that pig was a major stress point for me.. cause 1k for a used one is just nuts to me

hahah i was like OMG WTF carrying it into my shop.... wish i had it when the rear end was still out... I think i will need new axles and backing plates to run it.. but that pig was a major stress point for me.. cause 1k for a used one is just nuts to me
1000? Damn. I sold mine for like 250/300

With or without sure grip

1000? Damn. I sold mine for like 250/300
yeah..i been looking for months (locally) and like a used sure-grip carrier is at least 750 here... there was one for 850 with whining gears recently.. when i knew car guys it was like a call away, now that i don't know anyone the stuff is gold..
4.56s are WAY more than i wanted.. but hmm 4000 converter and some et streets.... never had a car pull a wheel before :)

With or without sure grip
Sure grip... looks like it was setup 20 years ago then stuffed under a bench.. no wear marks, just dust and **** from the burlap bag it's in.. pattern yellow still on it..
BTW.. the gears actually stamped 4.57 is that a thing?
2023-06-20 13.58.08.jpg

Dad ran 4.56 gears in my Demon when he had it and drove it to the track to race. 120 miles away! 4,000rpm cruise is fine!
yeah.. i worry too much for that :) I'm gonna see if 30" tires will fit the back which will help.. i can always change gears.. thing is.. growing up a friend had a big block chevelle (stock 396 but was decent) and ran 4.56s for years.. that thing was a party... so some time with those gears will be fun.. i'm just stoked, i don't have good things happen much :)

Now my main thing will be finding a '65 trans so i can convert to slip yoke, that's a long term goal though.. i hope this yoke is the same size as my 62.. will check later. ok guys.. back to normal BS

yeah.. i worry too much for that :) I'm gonna see if 30" tires will fit the back which will help.. i can always change gears.. thing is.. growing up a friend had a big block chevelle (stock 396 but was decent) and ran 4.56s for years.. that thing was a party... so some time with those gears will be fun.. i'm just stoked, i don't have good things happen much :)
It really all depends on what type of driving you do. If I were to live in town or closer and didn't cruise hours away, then I would be running the 3.91 or more all the time.

K... one of those is damn sexy...
Wife threw them out You have no idea of the women that used to work for me. One time the UPS guy showed up with a case of homebrew, Said it was a life changing event like Bay watch, seriously. Very hard not to wander at the time! And she is still friends with them even though now they look different. But Hops makes them go into a minstrel cycle. Deal with ten at a time! Not me! One of the reasons I got out of it.

-
Back