Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
OMG!! that reminds me of a story. When I was in the Navy, I was TAD to a helicopter squadron, Sikorsky SH3H. To move those you attach a tow bar to the single rear wheel. And to tow them we used similar but different tow tractors, real heavy, real low geared, REAL LOW. And a ford 302 engine, with a governor . When I was in charge of the mid watch, a few of us hot rodders would get 4 or 5 tractors out on the apron, and remove the governors, and race them! now, they weren't real fast, BUT got rolling right now!! Any way, when finished put governors back on. WELL one day, a certain dick head lieutenant, was going to beat the rush and get a bird he was scheduled to fly, to the flight line early. He has no business moving the birds, AT ALL!!! He got on a tractor, one that everyone liked because it was just a little bit quicker then the rest. Hooked up the tow bar, to the rear wheel, Gunned it to take off. Well, someone forgot to put the governor back on. Off it goes, With the birds wheel firmaly attached to the tow bar, BUT no bird!! It had ripped off the wheel!!! OMG!! No more races after that!!! **** hits fan in a big way.

:rofl:

Imagine he never saw O-4.... ??

We would get jammed up for buffer rodeos, never mind jacking up multi-million dollar airframes.

Well played

:rofl:

Imagine he never saw O-4.... ??

We would get jammed up for buffer rodeos, never mind jacking up multi-million dollar airframes.

Well played
This fukin guy was out to get me after that!! "PO Jewell,you were in charge, you were fully responsible, YADA YADA YADA". Not withstanding he was not authorized to operated the towing equipment. I lost a stripe over that. Of course!! And no he never saw O4. But I never saw E7 either. 12 years in.

This fukin guy was out to get me after that!! "PO Jewell,you were in charge, you were fully responsible, YADA YADA YADA". Not withstanding he was not authorized to operated the towing equipment. I lost a stripe over that. Of course!! And no he never saw O4. But I never saw E7 either. 12 years in.

Red striper for life you were :rolleyes:

I worked with a red stripes SEAL E-8 He was a hoot.

Red striper for life you were :rolleyes:

I worked with a red strip SEAL E-8 He was a hoot.
They, or he, put me in charge of the wash crew. O boy!! Then made sure I could not go back to my regular duty station, NTC San Diego, Teaching Basic electricity and electronics school. Frucker!! It was a E6 billit. I was only an E5. Thanks to that jack wad.....And the infamous tractor races!!

no ****? i didn't know that... i figured they would have switched up by now
The Gen 3 is based on the LA block. The engine mounting flanges are different but you can actually bolt a 727 or 904 right to one with just a minor spaced for the flex plate or flywheel

The Gen 3 is based on the LA block. The engine mounting flanges are different but you can actually bolt a 727 or 904 right to one with just a minor spaced for the flex plate or flywheel
ahhh yeah i knew that... i thought we were talking motor mounts.... i will never run a hemi, too expensive:) i do like the design though

ahhh yeah i knew that... i thought we were talking motor mounts.... i will never run a hemi, too expensive:) i do like the design though
5.7s aren’t too bad, 1000-1500 for a running one is the going rate. 400-600 for cores

for me it's the electronics, and the way they look... just doesn't seem right
So carb it. They make carb intakes and MSD makes a spark controller for them. There’s even valve covers that make them look like a Gen 1/2

So carb it. They make carb intakes and MSD makes a spark controller for them. There’s even valve covers that make them look like a Gen 1/2
money money..... if i were rich like you guys i would consider it.. instead i would rather blow 5-7k on a 318 to make 400 on a good day :)

money money..... if i were rich like you guys i would consider it.. instead i would rather blow 5-7k on a 318 to make 400 on a good day :)
Shoot I ain’t rich . It’s taking me what will be 10 full years in September of parts acquiring on my dart to get this far

Hey Wolfie,

How did the rounds go today?
Ok I suppose. Clots still there just smaller.
Same with the leg. So still no long distance driving.
He asked what I'm doing as far as exercising my legs. So I told him it's nice out now, so the bad leg gets daily exercise, albeit limited pushing the clutch pedal.
He wasn't amused.

-
Back