Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sadly, I think the trans failure is a result of the builder trying to bypass that rear pump. Like I said initially, I’ve never seen a report where it work successfully and there’s really no benefit to trying it.

Let me know if you want me to try to pull the slant 6 pushbutton from the junkyard

Thanks guys. Appreciate the various opinions and offers to assist. Helps to hear what options are out there that I might have missed.

Time and $$ are the factors. I'm impatient about getting back on the road.

Found one 318 listed... video of it running... guy said he had an 800cfm double pumper on it????? :eek: Sounds like that motor has been run very hard.

More calls today. :thumbsup:

Search tempest also. You want something complete with all the accessory brackets.

A&A has a good rep. I found Rick helpful even though I'm not dragracing and bought everything from them.
My first and only 727 rebuild.

A&A has a good rep. I found Rick helpful even though I'm not dragracing and bought everything from them.
I need to call him... wanna see if he will sell me the parts to convert to 24spline.. wanna make sure i get the exact stuff instead of guessing

I need to call him... wanna see if he will sell me the parts to convert to 24spline.. wanna make sure i get the exact stuff instead of guessing

Rick sat on the phone with me for 45 minutes walking me through why my 904 was JACKED. :mad:

Great guy

It's Willys Wednesday!

1687353587530.png

Good morning :D

I stuck with buying everything from Rick because of that even though I found out the Cope had the parts that would have avoided needing to change the output shaft. If anyone needs an output shaft for later transmission ('78) its yours

I stuck with buying everything from Rick because of that even though I found out the Cope had the parts that would have avoided needing to change the output shaft. If anyone needs an output shaft for later transmission ('78) its yours

He's got a lot of stuff that nobody else has any longer. I've got fingers crossed that I can get by with the V8 904 replacing the front seal and the kickdown shaft seal.

273 re build cost estimates range between $4000 and $6000 + That's complete, out the door. Long block is maybe 1 or 2 less.

Exploring options.
I had $4+ in mine. (if I remember correctly) It was 13 years ago. I'm glad I did it right.

Shot rick a email... i need to start gathering trans parts anyway.

Last shop I talked to was the 4k. Could go down a smidgen if the heads I have don't require work. He's 5 ½ hours drive away
Too bad you aren't closer. THere are 3 or 4 good shops within a hour or so from here. One shop about 10 min away from stock to race with a dyno. Here's their price sheet.

performance auto price sheet..jpg

WV, i would try to find some mopar racers in your area and get a recommendation of a shop.. there are tons of small old school shops that you never hear bout til you look

-
Back