Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Why not find a good running engine and put it in? a running 318 can be found well under 1k even still in a vehicle...

I agree, I would darn sure be pursuing an alternate course of action. Plus then you get rid of the bad JuJu that motor seems to drag around with it!

One I'm looking at came out of a 71 Satellite... went into a barracuda, guy is going to BB the car. It's very clean sitting on a stand not in on the ground under a tarp

Yeah.. the shops are in 3 states and fairly far apart... but pretty consistent pricing. And that's at about 8 weeks + wait
How far you wanna drive? The guy near me that I really like, he did my Cummins, is likely cheaper than that. I can check. I know he’s 2 weeks out work wise

One I'm looking at came out of a 71 Satellite... went into a barracuda, guy is going to BB the car. It's very clean sitting on a stand not in on the ground under a tarp

If it ran good why price out a rebuild though? most i would do it new gaskets ($100ish) and run it.. if it does need a rebuild later you aren't out much and the car is mobile.. comes with a trans?

If it ran good why price out a rebuild though? most i would do it new gaskets ($100ish) and run it.. if it does need a rebuild later you aren't out much and the car is mobile.. comes with a trans?

The build is for the 65 273 I have in the garage. Looking for a runner to get the car on the road in the interim

So today is the day go in for an iron fitting. This will be my first new set of irons in 12 years. My current set works but they've grown old with the amount of golf I do. Club fitter is a friend been in the business 40 years. He has every major brand club head and shafts currently produced. He starts out having me hit a few with my current irons and then goes from there. He'll then start putting iron heads and shafts together filling in the yardage gaps going through every club in the bag. He has the big 50k machine that will show everything you need to know spin, launch angle, smash factor, left or right, etc...to determine your best fit. The total process takes an hour and a half. He does five fittings a day five days a week and is booked out two months.

Wow they are kicking *** on the 95 bride collapse, two lanes will be open next week.
This weekend. That should be a big help for me next week. Won't help me tommorrow night. I tried to tie up some loose ends after class and didn't hit the road 'till 4PM. Got in 6:50 pretty beat, even with only two areas that had reall heavy stop in go traffic. Then had to start making dinner. Doesn't work well with 7 AM reporting times.

Did pull off to mail some checks, and took a couple photos.
1687350373271.png

Holy smokes that is pricey, you could find a couple nice motors for that price. I had no idea how pricey 273 were.
Seems about right for 2023.
My 340 from Stein was 5k in 2003.
The AMC 360 was about $2500 rebult in 2016 IIRC. And that was a decent but bottom of the barrel rebuild in a number of ways - replacing valve springs after 300 miles was not fun or worth the 'savings'.

Why not find a good running engine and put it in? a running 318 can be found well under 1k even still in a vehicle...
Why not find out whats wrong with the current engine, and go from there?

This weekend. That should be a big help for me next week. Won't help me tommorrow night. I tried to tie up some loose ends after class and didn't hit the road 'till 4PM. Got in 6:50 pretty beat, even with only two areas that had reall heavy stop in go traffic. Then had to start making dinner. Doesn't work well with 7 AM reporting times.

View attachment 1716105002

The AMC 360 was about $2500 rebult in 2016 IIRC. And that was a decent but bottom of the barrel rebuild in a number of ways - replacing valve springs after 300 miles was not fun or worth the 'savings'.

We discussed that, he doesn't want to.. his car his choice. :)

The motor is correct to the car... I'll eventually get there. Just tired of the garage queen status.

Thing is though, the car is a slant 6 car... the 273 isn't the proper engine for that car :) you have a clean slate and can do whatever.. but i get it.. the way i'm doing my car is way different than pretty much anyone else would.. we like what we like :)

View attachment 1716105002

Mostly because I'm just done dumping money into the transmission that's associated to it.

-
Back