Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
For me it depends on the rest of the build. I really like me some @71GSSDemon's car because it's so period correct, you'd think it was still the 1970s. For others that don't do all the rest, yeah it's kinda outta place. But he did it right.
Thank you Sir. It means a lot. I am not quite done with the look yet, but my wallet says it needs to wait.

20221120_224650.jpg

20221120_225316.jpg

OK just to start, Conversion mounts, heater motor relocate, power booster, Headers are a ***** to find, Then once it is in you cant get to #4 and 6 plugs easily. For the bang for the buck I would get a crate motor for 6K. Have at least that into mine.
Probably just depends on what power level you’re going too honestly.

I kept receipts and records of my 440 build and was looking at them yesterday with Chris’s discussion.

3,276.18 USD is what i have total in my 440 to date. Another 350-600 on the dyno when that time comes but it’s fully complete now. That includes machining, headers, Edlebrock heads and Comp Cams. King Bearings, Forged pistons. Aluminum water pump housing and pump, finned valve covers and your ignition set up.

Everything is either name brand aftermarket or Mopar performance in this engine.

Probably just depends on what power level you’re going too honestly.

I kept receipts and records of my 440 build and was looking at them yesterday with Chris’s discussion.

3,276.18 USD is what i have total in my 440 to date. Another 350-600 on the dyno when that time comes but it’s fully complete now. That includes machining, headers, Edlebrock heads and Comp Cams. King Bearings, Forged pistons. Aluminum water pump housing and pump, finned valve covers and your ignition set up.

Everything is either name brand aftermarket or Mopar performance in this engine.
That is soo much less than my small block... it's just annoying.. i have that much into heads/intake/rockers... i make bad choices :)

Yeah, don't you see that big aluminum PLATE behind the water pump? Best torque strap ever. lol
I will run a front plate on EVERYTHING going forward. So very nice. Got one for the Charger build already too

It's ALL you used to see on any serious street/race Mopar.
Everyone told me it was a pain and it will vibrate my fillings out of my teeth. Such BS. Spoken by people that never had one. Rubber mounts shake the car WAY more. Same people that said I couldn't run a tunnel ram, much less 660s, and a spool on the street. The SG is easier in turns in a parking lot, but overall, the spool is super easy, easier than the Dr Diff locker on the street

It's ALL you used to see on any serious street/race Mopar.
nope... when you get serious you weld one of these to the bottom of your oil pan.. another to the k-frame and 3 bolts.... job done! plus no plate in the way :)
1687434135105.png

Everyone told me it was a pain and it will vibrate my fillings out of my teeth. Such BS. Spoken by people that never had one. Rubber mounts shake the car WAY more. Same people that said I couldn't run a tunnel ram, much less 660s, and a spool on the street. The SG is easier in turns in a parking lot, but overall, the spool is super easy, easier than the Dr Diff locker on the street
Yeah, i don't get the "you can't run a tunnel ram" thing.... i think those are people that never actually tuned a carb and think they should just work out of the box..

nope... when you get serious you weld one of these to the bottom of your oil pan.. another to the k-frame and 3 bolts.... job done! plus no plate in the way :)
View attachment 1716105351
I can say I have never seen that, nor would I ever try such a thing. First hard launch and the oil pan bends into the crank and you get to walk home. Not structurally sound at all.

I am running a SG with 355's from a jeep in the 8 1/4. Holds up fine and I am pushing at least 500 HP.

I can say I have never seen that, nor would I ever try such a thing. First hard launch and the oil pan bends into the crank and you get to walk home. Not structurally sound at all.
was a joke...... no one would ever do that :) BUT.... engine strap from the valve cover bolts.. YES!

was a joke...... no one would ever do that :) BUT.... engine strap from the valve cover bolts.. YES!
ok good and sure, a 1/4-20 or smaller bolt should be enough when pulled on a steep angle

ok good and sure, a 1/4-20 or smaller bolt should be enough when pulled on a steep angle
well see.. you aren't looking at it right... you get the angle perpendicular to the bolt then you are on pure sheer strength!

-
Back