Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
BTW.. gonna apologize up front for today... i'm crazy hyper and can't stop myself :( better than when it swings to depression though :)

That is soo much less than my small block... it's just annoying.. i have that much into heads/intake/rockers... i make bad choices :)
I will add, the headers, intake and valve covers are second hand used. So that saved some coin there. Although the factory valve covers I had were fine, I wanted the finned look lol. And I sold the Torker II intake that came with the original core which actually netted me a profit as I sold it on Facebook for 150 and only paid 110 for the Holley Street dominator that replaced it, but I didn’t figure that in.

If this combo makes the 500-550 hp I’m hoping it does, it’ll put me in the 6-7 dollar per horsepower range which is really good.

Just part of doing it. I think I got the last set of Schumacher headers. And man they are tight to the inner fenders but somehow clear the PS.
I’m running headman E body headers. Yes they fit, the clear. Thanks to the Gerst set up haha

You'd be better off with 452s unless it is for a restoration. Flow is the same, hardened seats in from the factory and less crack prone.
@halifaxhops watch Indy cylinder heads website. Occasionally they’ll pop up ported and polished 346s and 452s for a song. I saw some on there back in march for 450 bucks a pair

Morning!
Cooler today, rain in forecast. No idea what to do today. Check the inop fuel pump maybe.

ok.... now i want a hemi..i hadn't considered how easy plug changes are..
I duplicated the plates off my 64 B body, they’re in perfect spots for spark plug changes even though I think they were more intended for adjusting the UCAs than anything else.

That said, I’ve marked where they’ll go and once I confirm after the 440 is back in place, should allow me easy but hidden access to the spark plugs

I kept it cool on that one. He should be re directed to a chevy site!
:rofl: :rofl: The guys there are a brotherhood. It's ok for one to spew stupid information but my recommendation that he go back to school wasn't taken very well. I was surprised that Big John had never owned a dwell meter. Set them with matchbooks? LMAO

good heavens. I went to check out what a crate small block would be. One making 465hp would set me back nearly 16,000 complete….

Or a big block 505” making 605 hp for 14,700 minus pulleys.

Please explain where you all are finding crate engines for 6k?

Morning.

347118266_252374417312796_8311164267036860528_n.jpg

good heavens. I went to check out what a crate small block would be. One making 465hp would set me back nearly 16,000 complete….

Or a big block 505” making 605 hp for 14,700 minus pulleys.

Please explain where you all are finding crate engines for 6k?
I am guessing most assume a long block and some stuff people have on hand? Otherwise I see almost $9K

I am guessing most assume a long block and some stuff people have on hand? Otherwise I see almost $9K
Cheapest I’m finding is a short block for 3700 on summit. Would need everything else

-
Back