Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Can't imagine loosing one of my kids but in that situation I bet they had time to know they had no way out and knew they were going to die trapped in that sub.
Im pretty sure it happened pretty quick. Watched a couple videos of things imploding, its instantaneous.

Im pretty sure it happened pretty quick. Watched a couple videos of things imploding, its instantaneous.
IU engineers speculate that the carbon fiber wore out from other dives. While carbon fiber has more tensile strength by weight than steel or titanium, it has zero flex, which I guess you’d want in a reusable deep submersible. They went on to say that carbon fiber also loses strength as it ages.

The carbon fiber was bought from boeing who refused to use it due to being out of date

We are off to Sturgis Falls Celebration to see a cover band that is supposed to be good. I will bring a flask and a few shot glasses to share. (I might need it)

IU engineers speculate that the carbon fiber wore out from other dives. While carbon fiber has more tensile strength by weight than steel or titanium, it has zero flex, which I guess you’d want in a reusable deep submersible. They went on to say that carbon fiber also loses strength as it ages.
Made a few carbon fiber parts and not much different than fiberglass so yea would guess it would deteriorate with age.

I own my mig tank but I have to trade it out to refill as no one here refills them anymore
Been a while since I ran out. They will fill it. BUT, unless you catch them at perfect time- would need to come back later or even next day to pick it up. I just take the exchange. Hasn’t been ‘my’ bottle since right after I got it anyway.

Been a while since I ran out. They will fill it. BUT, unless you catch them at perfect time- would need to come back later or even next day to pick it up. I just take the exchange. Hasn’t been ‘my’ bottle since right after I got it anyway.
Nice.

I’m actually kind of curious once I run out of Oxy/act for my torch. The tanks have been owned by my grandfather for 40 years but to refill them, he had a special deal with the refill place.

Made a few carbon fiber parts and not much different than fiberglass so yea would guess it would deteriorate with age.
OceanGate CEO once said Titan sub's hull was made with carbon fiber from Boeing that was past its airplane shelf life, would-be passenger says

Waiver or no waiver, there’s gonna be some major lawsuits on this. Using recycled aged past it’s safe age carbon fiber to begin with !?

All a lawyer has to do is prove negligence and those waivers are toast

Well the new longer pushrods worked for my boys rat rod. It is a 460 and we stirched to DOVE heads and a Comp Cam. Runs very well now and sounds good. Need a new alternator tomorrow and a couple little things, then he can start putting miles on. Should be fun

image000009(19).jpg

Anyway I’m gonna have to buy a bigger engine stand. Even my 1000 pound I stand can’t handle the hemi’s weight. I know they say it’s only 850 pounds but I think the bell extension puts the center of gravity too far out and thus, leverages the stand.

Sure....But....Would you pay ??? :poke: :poke:
You know, a TON of people criticize Bezos and Musks attempts to commercialize tourism of space, but at least so far, both of them have been doing extensive testing with good and bad results before they attempted to put humans in the things. This *** clown if a business tested that sub only once before, last fall and that very first dive had tourists on it.

Well the new longer pushrods worked for my boys rat rod. It is a 460 and we stirched to DOVE heads and a Comp Cam. Runs very well now and sounds good. Need a new alternator tomorrow and a couple little things, then he can start putting miles on. Should be fun

View attachment 1716106066
Nice ride hope to see it someday.

Nice.

I’m actually kind of curious once I run out of Oxy/act for my torch. The tanks have been owned by my grandfather for 40 years but to refill them, he had a special deal with the refill place.
You could be asked for proof of ownership

-
Back