Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
ANy of you guys own or have used a flat grill? Like a Blackstone or the like. We need one for the car club. Cheap hamburger on a gas grill for 8 hours doesn't work.

Pulled the car out so I could work on the Heep. Its been months.
Carb screws needed tightening - of course - part and parcel of a 4150/60
Oil is a bit low. No idea why. Floor was pretty dry.
Battery was down a bit. 12.4 V on the test meter. Flashed to 40 amps when it fired, then 20 amps and dropped normally.
Put it on a slow charger, still was sucking juice 3 hours later.

Well I have a 68 tempest custom rag top that's been sitting forever. Overhead cam 6cyl.
I think I may get it fired up this week and put a sale sign on it
Need a total resto.

Well I have a 68 tempest custom rag top that's been sitting forever. Overhead cam 6cyl.
I think I may get it fired up this week and put a sale sign on it
Need a total resto.
I think we talked about that car and engine. For a short while my dad had a 67 Firebird with the overhead cam 6. Boy that did not work out.

I think we talked about that car and engine. For a short while my dad had a 67 Firebird with the overhead cam 6. Boy that did not work out.
We may have. I had a red 67 with the Sprint motor in it . 4spd. That car ran. Right into the Delaware River. Long story.

1687736435013.png

1687736504745.png

1687736575416.png

And I think we talked about this a while back.
Brake pads not fitting tight to the caliper (GM slider)

1687736838424.png

Had to get a little creative to bend the ends of the long lower tab up. But a few trials and errors got it snug.
Then realized the silencer? plate was as you see it. Seems they used something like RTV to attach it. I had a little super high temp orange RTV, We'll see if it works.
1687737108116.png

Seemed to brake better and I didn't hear the clanging on brake release... so hopefully that was that issue.

Didn't hear that story yet.
17 parked and partying. I forget there was a bunch of us.
Anyway my one friend asked if his girlfriend could drive my car around the lot. SURE just don't hit anything. Drove it right down the boat ramp and into the river. It made the news.

-
Back