Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
And I think we talked about this a while back.
Brake pads not fitting tight to the caliper (GM slider)

View attachment 1716106916

Had to get a little creative to bend the ends of the long lower tab up. But a few trials and errors got it snug.
Then realized the silencer? plate was as you see it. Seems they used something like RTV to attach it. I had a little super high temp orange RTV, We'll see if it works.
View attachment 1716106917

Seemed to brake better and I didn't hear the clanging on brake release... so hopefully that was that issue.
I always tapped the small tabs down with a punch. My tool truck had the similar system only 5 and 10 bolt hubs and bigger brakes.

I always tapped the small tabs down with a punch.
That would have been easier, and I think is what I did during the initial install.
But the pad was shifting to the the outer edge of the disk so I wanted to get it closer to the hub.

My tool truck had the similar system only 5 and 10 bolt hubs and bigger brakes.
Where's Karl!?
That's what she said!

Its actually pretty funny that even after someone explained it was revived by a troll or spambot people continue to respond to the starting post.

I thought I did.
Just rechecked
Nope
Maybe my computer is Haunted!
Goes to some toolman in PA who hasnt logged in since 2019.

all right I should make some soup for the week and study for my class.

Well my guard Base dodged a hit today but my navy base where I work took a direct hit, still awaiting damage accessment

Well my guard Base dodged a hit today but my navy base where I work took a direct hit, still awaiting damage accessment
genuflectII.jpging there ain't no casualties

Pinning on my backread merit badge ... Bunch a chatty Kathy's in here tonight...

Just time enough to say

Good evening Mr. and Mrs. America, from border to border and coast to coast and all the ships at sea.

Had a nasty storm roll through last evening. Blinked the power at work. Just enough to drop out a few things including the newest big *** main breaker that has phase protection on it. So I had to get my arc flash gear on and reset it.
it's better they said, yeh for who?

-
Back