Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
lol Good morning, not sure how many days left. The other crew gets off here this week and my crew comes back.

Well I have a 68 tempest custom rag top that's been sitting forever. Overhead cam 6cyl.
I think I may get it fired up this week and put a sale sign on it
Need a total resto.
Thats the aluminum block, really rare? There was one here at the car show about 5 years ago

And I think we talked about this a while back.
Brake pads not fitting tight to the caliper (GM slider)

View attachment 1716106916

Had to get a little creative to bend the ends of the long lower tab up. But a few trials and errors got it snug.
Then realized the silencer? plate was as you see it. Seems they used something like RTV to attach it. I had a little super high temp orange RTV, We'll see if it works.
View attachment 1716106917

Seemed to brake better and I didn't hear the clanging on brake release... so hopefully that was that issue.
What i used to do was drive a chisel in between hub and brake pad, then a blunt punch and hammer to tighten the tabs. Worked very well.

Garfield Comic Strip for June 26, 2023

Your that close with the dart? See if you can antique or classic register it. Here it is 100 a year no more yearly inspections or registration fees, well worth it! Grundy insurance i use on the dart, really happy with them had a engine fire two weeks after insuring it, no issues at all. only 250 a year for 10K coverage.

Morning guys.. spent a few hours on the car yesterday... i'm like 8" from being 100% done welding (other than LCA plates) and ran out of Argon.. so.. it will wait a bit. Ordered a couple of quarts of paint.. will repaint the bay while i'm at all this.. wish i could sandblast it but not in a good spot for it. will use zipstrip and paint strip wheels.. BUT... all of my major stress points are now fixed :)
2023-06-25 12.37.00.jpg

I have everything I should need. :rolleyes:As well as a copy of my MIL' drivers license and an official death certificate, however I always hate going to the DMV................

-
Back