Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning guys.. spent a few hours on the car yesterday... i'm like 8" from being 100% done welding (other than LCA plates) and ran out of Argon.. so.. it will wait a bit. Ordered a couple of quarts of paint.. will repaint the bay while i'm at all this.. wish i could sandblast it but not in a good spot for it. will use zipstrip and paint strip wheels.. BUT... all of my major stress points are now fixed :)
View attachment 1716107063

Nice!

Progress is good

I have everything I should need. :rolleyes:As well as a copy of my MIL' drivers license and an official death certificate, however I always hate going to the DMV................

Martinsburg?

I've usually been OK there. Only time I had an issue was when the computer system was down but they didn't forewarn people other than sticking a handwritten sign on the door

Here really no lmts at all. I did it for the no insection or new registration fees every year. Hell almost 100 a year for that. So 100 is a fantastic deal.

What are the rules for classic plates in PA?

§ 67.6.

No person may operate a vehicle with antique or classic registration plates for commercial purposes or for general daily transportation. Permitted use is limited to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades and similar uses, and for occasional transportation.

Do you need inspection with classic plates in PA?

Antique vehicles are not subject to the annual vehicle safety inspection. Antique and classic vehicles are not subject to emissions inspection.

Nice
Do classic cars need inspection in WV?

You will receive a sticker at your initial inspection with the date of your next inspection. If you own a house trailer, special vehicles (Class “S” vehicles), trailers weighing under 2,000 pounds, or an antique vehicle, you are exempt from annual inspections.Jun 24, 2016

The owner is required to register with the Division of Motor Vehicles every antique motor vehicle upon which the plate will be displayed. The annual registration fee for an antique fleet plate is $2 a year per registered antique motor vehicle. The antique fleet plate is valid for one year and must be renewed annually.

Daily driver? Once a week is ocassional.

found this also.
(c) A West Virginia motor vehicle or motorcycle displaying license plates of the same year of issue as the model year of the antique motor vehicle or motorcycle, as authorized in this section, may be used for general transportation purposes if the following conditions are met:

(1) The license plate's physical condition has been inspected and approved by the Division of Motor Vehicles;

(2) The license plate is registered to the specific motor vehicle or motorcycle by the Division of Motor Vehicles;

(3) The owner of the motor vehicle or motorcycle annually registers the motor vehicle or motorcycle and pays an annual registration fee for the motor vehicle or motorcycle equal to that charged to obtain regular state license plates;

(4) The motor vehicle or motorcycle passes a periodic safety inspection; and

(5) The motor vehicle or motorcycle displays a sticker attached to the license plate, issued by the division, indicating that the motor vehicle or motorcycle may be used for general transportation.

So, are you going Classic or Antique?

No Idea..............the one that is every 10 year cycle, no inspection needed and no daily driver. I guess after the 10 year cycle which is up in 2025, I need to renew, kind of confusing...............Here is the plate I have to give them a color copy and I am taking the plate with me. No idea if I need to, but better to have it if they ask.

image0.jpeg

No Idea..............the one that is every 10 year cycle, no inspection needed and no daily driver. I guess after the 10 year cycle which is up in 2025, I need to renew, kind of confusing...............Here is the plate I have to give them a color copy and I am taking the plate with me. No idea if I need to, but better to have it if they ask.

View attachment 1716107065
Think it said they have to inspect it. Way to cool.

Do you need inspection with classic plates in PA?

Antique vehicles are not subject to the annual vehicle safety inspection. Antique and classic vehicles are not subject to emissions inspection.
But classic cars are required to be saftey inspected.

Morning!
15° , nice cool morning. 6 hours sleep last night. That’s a record for the last 5-1/2 weeks i think.
Buddy’s transmission isnt done, so need to drag truck out and drive firebird in and spend a few hours on it.

View attachment 1716107065

I brought mine with me....

Classic is the daily and requires inspection

Antique is not

Antique motor vehicle" means any motor vehicle, regardless of weight, which is more than 25 years old and is owned solely as a collector's item.

And also you shouldn't have to put the sticker on the plate. Just keep it in your glovebox.

If you go Classic and inspection, the sticker doesn't have to go in the window either

Good Morning Guys. I hope all is well. Got the longer pushrods installed in my Boy's hot rod. That fixed one issue. Runs well and valvetrain is quiet. It still loads up and wants to flood. Need to sort that. The bigger issue is the increased idle rpm for the new cam also needs a looser converter it appears. Idle 1000, drop in gear and pulls it down to 500 and wants to die. If turning the idle up enough to idle in gear then it is at 1800 in park. Seems due to its original application motor/trans was in a van, likely a very low stall speed. Next....ugh

Have antique only. Prob do classic with the fire chicken one day. Oh yeah she blew up the motor in the Blazer!

-
Back