Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Everyone like fireworks? Meh for me any more. THe loud booms bother my ears and i'm not a big fan of the smoke and fall out. Any of you ex military have PTSD? I bet there's some pets out there that get wigged out. A new fireworks store just went up here. Now how in the heck can they afford a new building to sell fireworks out of when they can only set them off a few days a year here? Warehouse. And the mark up is 300% on the stuff. Now it makes sense.
They fudged our burn ban to accommodate 4th, most people get their fireworks from the reservations so plenty of high flying morters, hope nothing burns as we will be at my Moms memorial in Oregon. Check that we'll be back on the 2nd late but they start early around here, sure it will be booming all weekend.

Morning!
Nice morning here. Smoke isnt too terrible. Guess im taking on a new duty to the car culture here. Collector car plates need an appraisal. And there is no one in the area. Dont think it pays much, if anything at all. Will know more next week. Could lead to more work too.

Good morning all, after my second cup of coffee I will need to go outside and water the garden and my containers.. its 81 now, I am sure at least 100 today.
Hoppy, good morning sir.

View attachment 1716108544
Yeah they are talking about 105 plus air temps for here this weekend. That'll be heat indexes from 115 to 120. I'm hopin they got it wrong. lol

We just go to my daughters cabin, many owners around the lake light em up. It goes on for hrs, but the best part there is no traffic and crowds

Thanks Matt. We found thr vacuum modulator was bad, new one should be in today, that was the smoke. Found fluid running out of it as well. Hoping to see how it runs later today. I will read through the Carter stuff. I get confused with the metering rods, springs, etc. Right now the 850 Holley works better.
Metering rod and springs does the same thing as the Power Valve and the power valve restrictors. Rods down is highway driving. Rods up is enrichment for wide open throttle.

Good morning guys. Fasting labs this am. I am starving....

Got my boys converter swapped out last night. 5hrs start to finish and that included making dinner and eating. Not too bad.
Inquiring minds want to know, did that alleviate the idle/stalling in gear issue?

Good morning guys. Fasting labs this am. I am starving....

Got my boys converter swapped out last night. 5hrs start to finish and that included making dinner and eating. Not too bad.
I gotta do that crap Monday. Yearly physical.

Metering rod and springs does the same thing as the Power Valve and the power valve restrictors. Rods down is highway driving. Rods up is enrichment for wide open throttle.
I'm having trouble with an Edelbrock 750. I think one of the floats is compromised. Gonna get it back apart today and check it out.

1688124675039.png

Thanks Matt. We found thr vacuum modulator was bad, new one should be in today, that was the smoke. Found fluid running out of it as well. Hoping to see how it runs later today. I will read through the Carter stuff. I get confused with the metering rods, springs, etc. Right now the 850 Holley works better.
Fixed my post.
The theory discussion was here

Although it touches on some practical stuff

Yeah they are talking about 105 plus air temps for here this weekend. That'll be heat indexes from 115 to 120. I'm hopin they got it wrong. lol
Same here brother, hope your labs and check up goes well Monday.
Mikie put out a bunch of water this morning, filled my wicking tubs, watered my Japanese maples heavy, and all of my wife's raised bed garden... Time for a shower

20230630_062735.jpg

20230630_062709.jpg

20230630_062623.jpg

20230630_062747.jpg

20230630_062755.jpg

Man I wish this smoke would get out of here...............

Was down south in Blacksburg yesterday... you can definitely tell that the smoke is much more dense up here. I couldn't see the lights at the antenna farm on the ridge across the valley last night.

Guess it requires a change in atmospheric conditions to get it moving in a different direction or from being so close to the ground

Hope @krazykuda is doing OK. Heard Chicago has heavy smoke and very bad air quality.

Inquiring minds want to know, did that alleviate the idle/stalling in gear issue?
Don't know yet. Will hopefully know later today when we can start it up. Waiting on vacuum modulator and fluid this AM.

Don't know yet. Will hopefully know later today when we can start it up. Waiting on vacuum modulator and fluid this AM.
K... i didn't follow along.. vacuum modulator? are you using a GM trans? i am trying to think of what vacuum modulator is on a mopar...

I am hoping it is the converter or the modulator causing the fits. It would be so nice to have most of this project behind me and let him enjoy the car!

image000009(19).jpg

image000000(264).jpg

Same here brother, hope your labs and check up goes well Monday.
Mikie put out a bunch of water this morning, filled my wicking tubs, watered my Japanese maples heavy, and all of my wife's raised bed garden... Time for a shower

View attachment 1716108557

View attachment 1716108558

View attachment 1716108559

View attachment 1716108560

View attachment 1716108561
Those sure look a lot better than mine! I need to set up drip irrigation under them, they're hating the sprinkler lol!

K... i didn't follow along.. vacuum modulator? are you using a GM trans? i am trying to think of what vacuum modulator is on a mopar...
This is my son's rat rod. Has 460 and C6 in it. Was his grandfather's motor.

-
Back