Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yep, true for sure, I installed heat and air for 5 years, my home/cottage is 950 square ft, 1 1/2 ton heat pump system, when we leave for the day my humidity sets at 45 and 72 degrees, remember this is a small home so as soon as we open the door here in the south it jumps to 65 percent :lol:
We are at 77° and 42% and it is real nice in here. I think ours is 3 ton but we have 2600 sq. ft. It's a old R22 system with a squirrel cage fan as big as your refrigerator. A hundred years ago it had the old swamp cooler system cooled by water from 4 cisterns around the house. Much of the old pipes and valves are still in place including the fan and ductwork.

I'm pretty sure them plantations are partly responsible for the shortage of lumber in Ca. It takes a whole buncha 2x12s to make enough of those raised beds to cover 150 acres :lol: .

I had a AC engineer tell me that's the way you want it. A system that is too big will short cycle and it won't run long enough to remove the humidity. When it's hot, my system may run non stop for a few days but the humidity is low. Perfect. 78° and 40% is much more comfortable than 77° and 70%. No need to get it cold but clamy. (like the old stores with the chiller systems do)
My issue is that my AC/Furnace are 38 years old and i keep waiting for one to die but every year they keep going :)

My issue is that my AC/Furnace are 38 years old and i keep waiting for one to die but every year they keep going :)
Most of our heat is hot water. We replaced the old cast iron boiler years back. That saved $100 a month on the winter heating bills. Our A/C is the old system. I would estimate the old compressor unit to be 50 years old. It still works and really works pretty well. Not too energy efficient though. The Compressor and fan are both 220 volt units and the lights will flicker a second when they both start at the same time. Sometimes when it's really hot, I will just leave the fan run constantly and the t stat will cycle the compressor as needed. Air circulation to prevent temp stratification is the key.

I'm pretty sure them plantations are partly responsible for the shortage of lumber in Ca. It takes a whole buncha 2x12s to make enough of those raised beds to cover 150 acres :lol: .
I know where red wood city went tree wise. Hell the are HUGE!

MF.jpg

MF2.jpg

I checked with a couple of local A/C guys. You can't get my old style compressors any more. The new ones come pre charged with non compatible freon. The whole system will need to be changed. :mob::mob:

Most of our heat is hot water. We replaced the old cast iron boiler years back. That saved $100 a month on the winter heating bills. Our A/C is the old system. I would estimate the old compressor unit to be 50 years old. It still works and really works pretty well. Not too energy efficient though. The Compressor and fan are both 220 volt units and the lights will flicker a second when they both start at the same time. Sometimes when it's really hot, I will just leave the fan run constantly and the t stat will cycle the compressor as needed. Air circulation to prevent temp stratification is the key.
Yeah, my heating bills luckily are never over $100 a month in winter... just summers suck, i did put a booster fan in one of the ducts leading to my second floor and that helped a ton.. i should add another

I just had to replace our entire Geothermal system. Everything above ground was replaced. New 6 ton unit, new water heater and separate storage tank, as well as steam humidifier $30K

I just had to replace our entire Geothermal system. Everything above ground was replaced. New 6 ton unit, new water heater and separate storage tank as well as steam humidifier$30K
Ouch! But damn efficient system. MIL has geo out on the farm. I would like to mess with the limits. It's cold in the winter and warm in the summer. It needs auxiliary heat and a huge dehumidifier to make it comfy.

Our new system is very efficient.................we love the new system. They have come a long way over the years. I had numerous issues with the old system, I replaced several flow center pumps.

Hate looking at carb stuff.. kinda wanna run a AVS2, never had any issues with cart/edelbrock type carbs.. but also ran holleys without issue... gonna read all day adn go back and forth in my head for a bit :)

One thing i don't get is they call this a square bore carb... i thought this was a spread bore?
View attachment 1716108584
That's set up with the two most common bolt patterns.
But the difference in throttle bores you see there are not spreadbore.

This is a Holley 4165 with a 'Spreadbore' throttle bore positioning and bolt pattern.
1688131178531.png

That's set up with the two most common bolt patterns.
But the difference in throttle bores you see there are not spreadbore.

This is a Holley 4165 with a 'Spreadbore' throttle bore positioning and bolt pattern.
View attachment 1716108607
Ah K.. it must just be the smaller primaries on the AVS2 makes it look kinda spread... will prolly get a 800avs2... reading up bout a newer one they have also a VRS or something... still early here :)

Ah K.. it must just be the smaller primaries on the AVS2 makes it look kinda spread... will prolly get a 800avs2... reading up bout a newer one they have also a VRS or something... still early here :)
I forget. What's this for?

I forget. What's this for?
Eventually 408/trick flows... first year 318/trickflows.. which 800 is too large but rather not buy a second carb..

I SWEAR i have a 750DP somewhere and i can't find it which is really annoying...

Eventually 408/trick flows... first year 318/trickflows.. which 800 is too large but rather not buy a second carb..

I SWEAR i have a 750DP somewhere and i can't find it which is really annoying...
You will find it eventually. It will be the last place you look.

Its hard to tell without something to compare with.

You will find it eventually. It will be the last place you look.

Good chance i threw it away.... i was never building a car again and threw away tons of stuff when cleaning out... can't believe i would trash a good carb though

-
Back