Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Eventually 408/trick flows... first year 318/trickflows.. which 800 is too large but rather not buy a second carb..

I SWEAR i have a 750DP somewhere and i can't find it which is really annoying...
318 for general use.
Make it easy on yourself.
Use a carb with smaller venturies and throttle bores. It will get on the main system at lower throttle position and be easier to tune.
Whether its a Carter design or Holley really doesn't matter much IMO. Use a spreadbore if the intake is really meant for spreadbore.

I personally think the prices charged for most new carbs is 'market will bear' rather than cost plus profit. And the prices some folks are asking for used carbs is often based on current retail, but sometimes you can find more traditional pricing. Of new, I think the new Holley 'Demon' which combines Carter T-quad design with squarebore pattern is most likely the one I would chose for all around use.

318 for general use.
Make it easy on yourself.
Use a carb with smaller venturies and throttle bores. It will get on the main system at lower throttle position and be easier to tune.
Whether its a Carter design or Holley really doesn't matter much IMO. Use a spreadbore if the intake is really meant for spreadbore.

I personally think the prices charged for most new carbs is 'market will bear' rather than cost plus profit. And the prices some folks are asking for used carbs is often based on current retail, but sometimes you can find more traditional pricing. Of new, I think the new Holley 'Demon' which combines Carter T-quad design with squarebore pattern is most likely the one I would chose for all around use.
Yeah, i'm using a RPM intake which is square bore.. i like that the AVS2 has smaller primaries which should give good response and just be nicer for low speed driving.. will look into the demon also.
Oh..and yeah.. prices are nuts.. the AVS2 isn't too bad though

Yeah, i'm using a RPM intake which is square bore.. i like that the AVS2 has smaller primaries which should give good response and just be nicer for low speed driving.. will look into the demon also.
Oh..and yeah.. prices are nuts.. the AVS2 isn't too bad though
I traded for a AVS2. I can't remember what I traded for though. I haven't installed it yet. My 318 runs so nice with the OE 2 barrel why mess with it.

I traded for a AVS2. I can't remember what I traded for though. I haven't installed it yet. My 318 runs so nice with the OE 2 barrel why mess with it.
Yeah... that's what i was gonna do with my car and keep it stock.. and yet here we are :) your AVS2 is a 650?

Good morning. 'code orange' on smoke this morning, but suposed to drop back to red before it gets better. Was pretty bad last night when I came home . Could barely see the almost full moon. Looked dim reddish gray.

Saw some mention of fireworks in my skimmed backread. Looks like we are not doing a big party at our house, but neighbor and his pastor will be lighting some of in my backyard. Free Show - works for me!

I had a AC engineer tell me that's the way you want it. A system that is too big will short cycle and it won't run long enough to remove the humidity. When it's hot, my system may run non stop for a few days but the humidity is low. Perfect. 78° and 40% is much more comfortable than 77° and 70%. No need to get it cold but clamy. (like the old stores with the chiller systems do)
I have mini splits in both garages set it at 82 in the summer and 42 in the winter does the job.
I just move the settings if I'm doing something in the garage.

Of new, I think the new Holley 'Demon' which combines Carter T-quad design with squarebore pattern is most likely the one I would chose for all around use.
K, just curious.. why the demon? watching vids of it, and it reminds me of a thermoquad.. hopefully without the leaking :) At some point i will end up racing or at least beating it up on the street..

K.. that carb is a trip.. can't find much info of people using it though.. really interesting design

Went and fiddled with the beetle. Cant get it to fire. Cleaned points, they are switching. So next is find a coil i guess.

Good morning. 'code orange' on smoke this morning, but suposed to drop back to red before it gets better. Was pretty bad last night when I came home . Could barely see the almost full moon. Looked dim reddish gray.

Saw some mention of fireworks in my skimmed backread. Looks like we are not doing a big party at our house, but neighbor and his pastor will be lighting some of in my backyard. Free Show - works for me!
For Quebec residence .

356616372_271230345491108_1238501686303514449_n.jpg

Finally cleared up enough outside to get out and get something done. Scraped and cleaned under the zero turn and gave it a good wash. Also walked the driveway and used the backpack blower to get rid of all the leaves, sticks and debris off the driveway and out of the ditches, looks good again.

Hate looking at carb stuff.. kinda wanna run a AVS2, never had any issues with cart/edelbrock type carbs.. but also ran holleys without issue... gonna read all day adn go back and forth in my head for a bit :)

One thing i don't get is they call this a square bore carb... i thought this was a spread bore?
View attachment 1716108584
Because the concentric centers are in a square. Even though the butterflies are different sizes

When I first put the Swinger together for my Brat, she wanted something different :D, her first car. Hooker Headers, rally wheels, more tire, different attitude, pretty simple. The headers and turbo mufflers of course changed the sound drastically, but aside from that header sound I love it gave it a real lumpy cam kinda sound :D. "Wow! That sounds great. What kind of cam you got in there?" says the kid in the gas station. When I got it back when her grandmother gave her a Turbo Bug :steering:I put an Air Gap and Edelbrock 4v on it, smoothed out that lumpy cam sound right out :lol:
ran great, but didn't have that lumpy idle anymore.

When I first put the Swinger together for my Brat, she wanted something different :D, her first car. Hooker Headers, rally wheels, more tire, different attitude, pretty simple. The headers and turbo mufflers of course changed the sound drastically, but aside from that header sound I love it gave it a real lumpy cam kinda sound :D. "Wow! That sounds great. What kind of cam you got in there?" says the kid in the gas station. When I got it back when her grandmother gave her a Turbo Bug :steering:I put an Air Gap and Edelbrock 4v on it, smoothed out that lumpy cam sound right out :lol:
ran great, but didn't have that lumpy idle anymore.
Pull a spark plug wire off. :poke: :rofl: :rofl: Mine always sounded ratty but I liked to run a lot of initial timing. Good gas and I never checked total timing and no ping.

-
Back