Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning... so... cleaned and repainted my front seat frame the other night... the thing i don't get is how spray paint today is soo ****.. i have 4 cans i bought in the last few months, used one time and not a single one will shoot a speck of paint. I went over to my cabinet and grabbed a literally at least 23 year old can of black marine outboard paint and it sprayed perfect and looks way better than the new paints i bought (pretty sure that's just cause it's the marine outboard..) Just annoying...
Anyway, good morning :) I sub to some youtube channels that post really old/bad movies and this came up last night.. time to learn about the dangers of drag racing!

Morning. I see everyone is up early.
Lots of smoke here last night after the girl crew emptied and cleaned the Garage. Today is organize and repack it lol.
I did somec roof gutter work. Then I replaced the front door with one they found in the garage. I wondered where it was.:realcrazy:
That was fun not.i bought It at an auction about 15 years ago.
My eldest son and his boys will be here tomorrow. They were just here a few weeks ago.
Damn his oldest boy is turning 16. He is 6 ft 4. With size 15 feet.
My son is only 6 ft 2.

Morning and happy Friday before a long holiday weekend for you working stiffs. :usflag:
Have a great weekend and be safe!!

Last edited:
It's Fatsack Friday!
1688122426742.png

Morning... so... cleaned and repainted my front seat frame the other night... the thing i don't get is how spray paint today is soo ****.. i have 4 cans i bought in the last few months, used one time and not a single one will shoot a speck of paint. I went over to my cabinet and grabbed a literally at least 23 year old can of black marine outboard paint and it sprayed perfect and looks way better than the new paints i bought (pretty sure that's just cause it's the marine outboard..) Just annoying...
Anyway, good morning :) I sub to some youtube channels that post really old/bad movies and this came up last night.. time to learn about the dangers of drag racing!

Good mornin' all c\_/
Just yesterday my junior showed me a new-fangled spray bomb (new to me anyway). I think there were 5 different spray patterns from a dial thingy on the can much like the adjustable garden hose sprayers. I wonder does 1 clog kills all?
My issue with todays spray paints is spray at any angle or can position. Life was better when we could turn the can upside down and spray to clear the nozzle.
I struggle to recognize just one thing that has gotten better over time.

Good mornin' all c\_/
Just yesterday my junior showed me a new-fangled spray bomb (new to me anyway). I think there were 5 different spray patterns from a dial thingy on the can much like the adjustable garden hose sprayers. I wonder does 1 clog kills all?
My issue with todays spray paints is spray at any angle or can position. Life was better when we could turn the can upside down and spray to clear the nozzle.
hahah i tried to clear the top of a new can so it wouldn't clog and it just kept spraying paint.. i was like WTF?! I didn't know they are made to do that now

Thanks as always Matt. The smoke has cleared up now with vacuum modulator disconnected which to me proves it was failing or failed.
:thumbsup:
It helps that I understand Holleys better and that my be the only part.
They all work pretty much the same. Until we start talking about those slide and variable venturi carbs...
Bookmark this one. racingfuelsystems-Operational theory of the Carter idle restricions & air bleeds

Mike (GNTKlR) and digest and discuss Carter designs. Any links to Imperialclub.org will fail. I don't know why but they dropped the .org and then the .com mirror site. Now they use a .info address. Most of the documents are still there.
Carter site:web.imperialclub.info - Google Search
But it runs well, may have to play with an air bleed like the Demon if needed.
Tuner often refered to corrections on Barry Grant's carbs 'excorcising' LOL
I bumped up initial timing but then it didnt want to start, So i backed it down until it would.
Need to measure and plot that curve.
Then we can figure out where to go.

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

They all work pretty much the same. Until we start talking about those slide and variable venturi carbs...
Bookmark this one. Mike (GNTKlR) and digest and discuss Carter designs. Any links to Imperialclub.org will fail. I don't know why but they dropped the .org and then the .com mirror site. Now they use a .info address. Most of the documents are still there.
Carter site:web.imperialclub.info - Google Search

Tuner often refered to corrections on Barry Grant's carbs 'excorcising' LOL

Need to measure and plot that curve.
Then we can figure out where to go.
Thanks Matt. We found thr vacuum modulator was bad, new one should be in today, that was the smoke. Found fluid running out of it as well. Hoping to see how it runs later today. I will read through the Carter stuff. I get confused with the metering rods, springs, etc. Right now the 850 Holley works better.

Still need to order a carb.. prolly get a brawler.. not sure yet though. a lot of choices these days

Good morning guys. Fasting labs this am. I am starving....

Got my boys converter swapped out last night. 5hrs start to finish and that included making dinner and eating. Not too bad.

Good mornin' all c\_/
I actually like them they work fine for me.

Good news on the hot water heater I thought was leaking out of top tank, turned out to be the recirc pump copper line, pinhole leak and was spraying stream of steam onto housing of H20 heater which was condensing. I had found the insulation around that to be soaked, removed it but never saw the pinhole. Anyhoo, whole thing won't need to be replaced, plumber had never seen anything like our heater and would not charge us lol!

Everyone like fireworks? Meh for me any more. THe loud booms bother my ears and i'm not a big fan of the smoke and fall out. Any of you ex military have PTSD? I bet there's some pets out there that get wigged out. A new fireworks store just went up here. Now how in the heck can they afford a new building to sell fireworks out of when they can only set them off a few days a year here? Warehouse. And the mark up is 300% on the stuff. Now it makes sense.

Everyone like fireworks? Meh for me any more. THe loud booms bother my ears and i'm not a big fan of the smoke and fall out. Any of you ex military have PTSD? I bet there's some pets out there that get wigged out. A new fireworks store just went up here. Now how in the heck can they afford a new building to sell fireworks out of when they can only set them off a few days a year here? Warehouse. And the mark up is 300% on the stuff. Now it makes sense.
All i see is money literally burning.... my neighborhood starts at like 6pm and ends are like 3am.. it's just non stop

-
Back