Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Quick stop in. I see some are drinking fermented and distilled at the same time as coffee. LOL.
Picked up a 6 of Victory Sour Tripel. That's a pretty decent sour. Tonightg the power went out with the storms so went down to the Grain House - no no they used store grain in 1700 and 1800s. had a nice dinner of Sea Bass and a 'Colonial Ale'. Locally brewed but nothing special in my book.

Randomly tracking the cabin build Matt.

Is that all period correct hand tools? I have a 19th century axe and shovel... (new, correct hadles) interesting differences in the design and ergonomics.

Is that all period correct hand tools? I have a 19th century axe and shovel... (new, correct hadles) interesting differences in the design and ergonomics.
Not this time. Last time I was encouraged to do experimental archaeology. This time its 'rebuild the exhibit' and I'm not in charge although I learned in a meeting that I was 'the lead.' That was news to me! Today we worked on site prep and trying to salvage the hand split shingles.

Mike, I saw something I want. The red Beetle. If I can drive it home, I'll hop on a bus and head that way (I don't know where you are either). LOL
Its here at my place. $10,0000 usd i bet he would let it go as is. But more once i get it running and brakes working. Chrome has to go back on. This car is suprisingly solid. Was painted 20 years ago and went straight into storage.

ok I am curious...what is a shrinking stump?
By putting creases into metal, then forcing them back down,it pushes the metal into itself.using a hollowed stump, it makes quick work of it. The wood provides grip as the metal is shaped. Easy to make a bowl with 20 gauge metal. Brb…k- im back!
Here is Karl Fisher, thats his hammer and he made the stump.

Cabin build?

Its here at my place. $10,0000 usd i bet he would let it go as is. But more once i get it running and brakes working. Chrome has to go back on. This car is suprisingly solid. Was painted 20 years ago and went straight into storage.
Sorry, I don't want one that bad.

Morning here to the early birds. Another hot day here 105 is the guess. We went out to run a couple errands yesterday and the car showed 108 humidity was low and had a 15mph breeze so didn't feel too bad for a hot day. It continues through the weekend into next week...fun in the sun!!

Try and keep cool! That’s awful. I can’t complain then it’s only 90 here today.
It's a good week to be inside. My wife and I play a lot of golf nearly everyday. Sunday I sold my car trailer and was trying to move it with the dolly by myself and tweaked the back. It's not bad but will probably take a week to mend so the heat wave came at the perfect time. Meanwhile the wife plays on has a lesson at 1pm today crazy I told her.

Yes going to order TTI, I think I will probably get them from Indy Heads. They have taken care of me with the heads and rockers and customer service has been outstanding. I just need to call them, going to get the ceramic coated.
I just read something on Hooker's website the other day about those ceramic coatings. It was very adamant about new engine break-in time and that coating and stated not to use your expensive ceramic coated headers during break-in. Apparently the radical heat from the break-in will destroy that coating.

-
Back