Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That's what I figured.

That image clip is from a set of Commando covers being sold for $400.... :rolleyes: ... but my stock 273 covers have the same issue. Driver's side, lower, center bolt hole
I have seen that before.

Chris a non leak fix use pc3 on it tap it down then sand it. Use a washer over the fix. wont leak. But wait theres more

1691409581523.png

That's what I figured.

That image clip is from a set of Commando covers being sold for $400.... :rolleyes: ... but my stock 273 covers have the same issue. Driver's side, lower, center bolt hole
$400 ouch! My be it's from using cork gaskets and having to crank them down so tight to seal. I think the originals were rubber.

$400 ouch! My be it's from using cork gaskets and having to crank them down so tight to seal. I think the originals were rubber.
I didn't click disagree because I'm not absolutely certain, but I do think OEM were cork gaskets. Along with china rail gaskets and others.
The trick to success with cork gaskets is use a ball peen to dimple the bolt hole upward. Tighten the bolts only enough to flatten your dimple. Seal is supposed to be from bolt to bolt, along the flat spans, not and the bolt alone.

Morning!
And coming over the boarder I wounder if I could bring anything in the way of food for the party. I'll have to find out.
looks like it would be a nuisance, have to land in winnipeg as a point of entry for customs.

I didn't click disagree because I'm not absolutely certain, but I do think OEM were cork gaskets. Along with china rail gaskets and others.
The trick to success with cork gaskets is use a ball peen to dimple the bolt hole upward. Tighten the bolts only enough to flatten your dimple. Seal is supposed to be from bolt to bolt, along the flat spans, not and the bolt alone.
Agreed, I have never owned one from when it was new. The ones I started out with had the black rubber gaskets. As early as a 65 HP273 in 69. THey could have been cork originally.

Holy crap want the oil burner looked at since we cant really do the coal anymore. 165 the first hour that included travel then 145 ph after that!

I have used both but lately try to just use the rubber ones with the metal in the middle, I know they make them for the B/RB.

Good Morning Gang. Little bit of a slow start here myself today. Getting ready for my workout. Then some breakfast, then back on the Harley to get it running.

-
Back